Sharks of Sarangani

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are they really?

Chris and John can say more, but I heard that WWF Philippines and International Climate Change Managers had good dives. They saw plenty turtle, napoleon wrasse and great coral just where the coal landing jetty is going to be built by Conal Holdings (the Governors family).

Well let's hope so, it hard to comprehend putting a coal plant or any type of industry next to a pristine coral reef, you would be 'hung by the highest tree' for that in California, so we make them put the coal plants in Nevada so the pollution can blow east!!! Clean coal, my ass!!!!!!! I'd feel safer with a nuke plant there!

it's hard to comprehend putting a coal plant or any type of industry next to a pristine coral reef, you would be 'hung by the highest tree' for that in California

In the Philippines, coral reefs have zero value as opposed to 'development'. Normally in Mindanao, the word 'development' is proceded by 'peace'.

Destroying the food source of thousands/destroying 100's hectares of arable land is hardly for peace or development though.

What is really important to rich Filipino families and Government is mining coal (in the PI's and Indonesia for power) and copper and gold and other minerals to make them super rich.

Coral reefs and marine life, rainforest, tribal cultures and global warming do not figure at all here over greed - much of it from the US, UK and Australia.

Reagarding Tampuan, The Governor's family will begin to break ground within the 1st quarter 2010 to construct the power plant.

The Governors papa is WWF trustee and not opposing his son's support of this project. Same family are shareholders in the big Tampakan gold and copper mine in the area that needs power (not from renewables).

I and many others have seen correspondence from the WWF Philippines which clearly states that they took a decision not to oppose the Kamanga Power Plant (aka Southern Mindanao Power Plant) due to a conflict of interest between the Governor of Sarangani's father and WWF Philippines stated policy to protect the interests of the Trustee over WWF members/contributors.

Indeed, when made aware, WWF International were most upset by this and 'kicked' WWF Philippines to take some action to oppose the plant (albeit very late to join the party - Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, Tribal, Muslim and other groups).

Buy hey - you WWF supporters/donators reading this Worldwide can take solace that your home country WWF if probably acting in your/the World's best interest. For sure, 100% better than WWF Phlippines who seem like a sham operation for those wanting to mine and pollute.

Second thoughts - maybe all of you WWF members ought to check your board of trustees wherever you are ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom