Macro adapter recommendation for G10 Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great info on the thread... I just got the new 10+ subsee today and head for Lembeh in a month.

I have the G10 in September and took it to Fiji in October... left my Inon s-2000 at home because I wanted to get used to the new camera (definitely need a strobe with this camera because the housing blocks off most of the internal flash).

Would certainly appreciate any and all suggestions for working with the camera, strobe and new subsee!! Don't know when I will get back to Lembeh and I basically put this whole outfit together for this trip.

Feel free to pm or email me with any specific suggestions if you don't want to post them.

Hi Linda, just try to follow the WW suggestions. Use manual exposition, you will get better results.

Take a look to my last macro shot in manual with +7 diopter:

img1751cr2.jpg

CCruiser--Well, needless to say--w/ a SubSee on you'll need that Inon even more! If you have a decent arm system, positioning will get figured out pretty quick. Finding small things takes practice (even a few practice shots above water w/ the complete setup will help). It takes some getting used to when the magnification changes as much as this setup will make it change.

I'd especially put in some time in figuring what exposure and focus settings work best. I shoot exposures in Manual, use the strobe output (YS110A) mostly. Some of the other internal settings I use (butt hay, that's just me...) :

1. AF Frame: "Flexi-mode"
2. Servo AF: On
3. AF Mode: Continuous

Oddly enough (I thought) Macro on the camera has no effect w/ a SubSee, it doesn't alter focus or anything so no need to mess w/ it. Never enough depth of field w/ f/8 but still, I am pleased how often the results are sharp where I need them to be. Oh, one other item. At some point you will go to shoot something at a distance and it won't focus, it won't even show dull outlines. You've still got your SubSee in place. There, I just saved you a shot that I missed once...:eyebrow: // ww

CCruiser--Well, needless to say--w/ a SubSee on you'll need that Inon even more! If you have a decent arm system, positioning will get figured out pretty quick. Finding small things takes practice (even a few practice shots above water w/ the complete setup will help). It takes some getting used to when the magnification changes as much as this setup will make it change.

I'd especially put in some time in figuring what exposure and focus settings work best. I shoot exposures in Manual, use the strobe output (YS110A) mostly. Some of the other internal settings I use (butt hay, that's just me...) :

1. AF Frame: "Flexi-mode"
2. Servo AF: On
3. AF Mode: Continuous

Oddly enough (I thought) Macro on the camera has no effect w/ a SubSee, it doesn't alter focus or anything so no need to mess w/ it. Never enough depth of field w/ f/8 but still, I am pleased how often the results are sharp where I need them to be. Oh, one other item. At some point you will go to shoot something at a distance and it won't focus, it won't even show dull outlines. You've still got your SubSee in place. There, I just saved you a shot that I missed once...:eyebrow: // ww

I was wondering if I needed to use the macro mode with the subsee but I guess you just answered that one. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom