first time visit to Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next Wednesday...Just to hear those words I can't believe it's less than a week! I haven't had much time to even look at my new camera(s)! I'll try not to scare anything away but I'll save you a photo just in case!:D

Sunshine - are we still on for the ATV's?! I googled it and it looks cool.

Sunshine - are we still on for the ATV's?! I googled it and it looks cool.

Sunshine, I'm telling you right now...and you can tell David...I am NOT gonna be bringing ATV tires down there. Don't even think about it!

:D

Thanks for the laugh of the day!
But seriously.... If I had an old wheelbarrow tire or small dirt bike tire, the bird tire guy could make me an iguana. And to think we didn't bring any down in the cargo container. What a way to recycle.
I've got our guests, the Bumblebees AND Andreas going ATVing on the north east coast next Saturday. I'm taking this Saturday off for the American Women's Club Thanksgiving (read that turkey dinner twice for me!) but going to try to get next Saturday morning off to go play with them. Besides the Eastpoint dive. We'll post next Wednesday to let you know how we liked it.
Got shovels yet?

Hi Bees! It's the 24 pounders :D I can't wait to see you! We've seen 3 sea horses since we've been here and are currently searching for a "pea" - I hope we find one soon! We're having such a great time!!

To the posters asking about jogging - we're staying in Westpunt and I've been jogging quite a bit up on the dirt roads and David's trails in the mondi (desert/shrub forest). I go early in the morning because of the heat - it's very pretty with an incredible view of the ocean and hills and I feel very safe going by myself. That area is easily accessible if you are staying at All West, the Lodge or Sunshine's...

We're staying at Sunshine's apartment and LOVE it. We've rented a car and have been doing shore diving and did a boat dive with OEW. They are a great operation - can't speak highly enough of them - great operation and people. We just did our rescue course with them too and it was a great experience.

We've stayed down by Wilhelmsted in the past and it was really nice. But as we aren't really into the nightlife scene and have a car to visit down there if we want, on our return visits (3 now) we've always come to stay at Sunshine's with a rental car and dive the central and west end. It's very rural up here but we always seem to be very busy! We go down and shop for groceries in town so we can eat in when we want and then eat out at Sunshine's - a lot (it's quite convenient living above the restaurant :)

If you stay down near town, I've heard great things about the Dive Bus though I haven't dived with them (yet)! Whatever plans you make I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. There's a lot to do here and the diving is exceptional!

See you soon Bees :) Looking forward to ATVing and spending thanksgiving with you!!

Hi Steph! Can't wait to see you all too! I've been checking out your photos - looks a lot greener there than our first trip! How are the bugs? I saw you went diving with Stan too - isn't he working with OEW? We aren't even there yet and I feel like it's going to go by fast!

Hi Andrea! It is greener here - it's the rainy season as I understand it though it hasn't really rained all that much (a quick downpour and it's done). Do bring mosquito spray - they are out and vicious! As long as we keep sprayed we're fine... I met Stan on a dive at Porto Marie with Sunshine. Super nice guy and great photographer! (I don't know if he's connected with OEW.) Just a few more days.... :D

Funny, I just asked Martin the temp of our east end dives yesterday and he said it was 82 the same as on the west end. I wore my 3 mil, I think most did except David and Stephanie who wore 5 mil. It might have felt cooler from the longish boat ride and that it was a two tank morning.

Sunisdad - where are you staying?

Wife and I will be at Lodge Kura Hulanda from the 5th to the 12th.
If you are in the area or come up to the Westpunt area for a dive at Ocean Encounters West (Alice in Wonderland) - let us know and maybe we can meet.

Also - don't miss eating at Sol Food (Sunshine's restaurant).

Back
Top Bottom