Faulty Intova Compact Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recently I bought the 4.7W Compact Torch from B&H Photo. However there is a problem with it. When i placed the batteries in the battery holder and screw on the tail end, the torch powers on automatically. I tried to turn off or switch mode but the push button doesnt work. Sometimes the light doesn't come on at all after placing the batteries in the torch.

Have I gotten a bad apple?

I have the same or simular torch, concentrated beam which I liked a lot more than the wide angle and have never had any problems with it. I'd guess something with the magnetic switch is screwed up. Try returning it to the store or email Intova they got back to me quickly when I had a question about rechargeable batteries for the CR123 batt. (they don't reccomend using rechargable)

Sorry to say but sounds like you have gotten a bad apple. We try hard to
catch problems in our QC process but sometimes they slip through. Please
contact B&H for a replacement. If there is any problem we will take care
of it.

Sorry to say but sounds like you have gotten a bad apple. We try hard to
catch problems in our QC process but sometimes they slip through. Please
contact B&H for a replacement. If there is any problem we will take care
of it.

Dear Joe thanks for the prompt reply. I have contacted B&H and they will send me a new one however they are out of stock for the Intova Compact Torch and they do not know when will the stock be available. Is there anyway you could expedite the process as i need the torch for a dive trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom