Dive Rite Thigh Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selachimorpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
How does everyone like the Dive Rite thigh pocket? Do you find it comfortable?

I'm asking because it is an alternative to sticking pockets on all my suits. I have a pocket on my drysuit, but I have a bunch of different wetsuits for different water temperatures, not to mention the middle of summer when I dive with no suit, just board shorts and a rash vest. I can't really glue pockets onto everything.

Or do you think it would be better to just get a pocket that attaches directly to the harness? Any thoughts?

I used it successfully on my wetsuits until I got a dry suit. There is a world of difference between a dry suit pocket and a thigh pocket. It can get you by, but you really want to have the pocket glued on. You need to run the top strap through the waste harness, and then clip the two thigh clips around your leg. It tends to ride more in the front of your leg than toward the side the way a dry suit pocket does, and this is because of the strap that comes up and goes around the waist harness. It keeps it too much in front for my liking and can get in the way. But it does work.

My experience is the same as Jim's. I solve the issue of it riding in front too much by holding it in place on the waistbelt with an extra buckle as with a can light. I also use only one thigh strap (I'm short) and snug it up pretty well to compensate for wetsuit compression. It's roomy, has an interior pocket, D-ring and grommets. In mine I've put a pair of shears, a finger spool, SMB, backup mask, and extra bolt snaps. Not a perfect solution but works ok.

I have been using mine over a year w/wetsuit and it works fine. I did the same thing as DVM and lock it on the side with and extra buckle. The newer ones only have one wide thigh strap that is elastic.

The thing I would like to see is one with zipper rather than the velcro flap.

I had one of these a few years back. I started carrying stuff I didn't need, plus half the time I forgot to undo the thigh strap after shucking the harness so after standing up, I'd clear half the aisle with flying tanks.
I just got rid of the thing - if it doesn't fit on a ring on my harness, it's not going. If I do need to lug extra stuff, my main drysuit has a huge pocket that so far I have managed to not use.
If it works for you, that's great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom