experience with Edge or HOG drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have seen some attractive pricing on the Edge drysuit but no reviews. Has anyone tried one out??

they are fairly new I don't think many people have tried them yet. I know the HOG ones were introduced at DEMA.

Chris,

I'd really like to help this guy out. How about sending some down here and we can test them out and then write a review for him...?

I have a Hog Dry suit and I really like it. I have dove with it in the Browning Pass BC and I was really inpressed. The only thing I do not like about it and I am working on trying to resolve it is the dry boots. They are a soft boot and make it hard on my feet when getting in and out of the water. I have thought about having the DUI dry boot setup put on it by that is as far as i have gotten. I work give the suit a A+ for comfort and everything else except the feet.

I've had mine for a few months. I have the hog predator with both pockets and p valve. Love the way it fits, easy on and off solo, did have to trim the neck seal slightly. It dries really fast and with my merino undergarment is very warm.

I really love mine. Like Jim Lapenta said it dry fast and I also had to trim my neck seal. There is only one thing I do not like about it, it is the soft boots. I have bad feet anyway and walking in it to and from the dive site my feet really kill me. Without cutting them off, does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to help with them ?

I have been looking at these suits as well. Most the local shops are pushing Bare TriLams, and they look good, as well, but a bit more on the costs. This'll be my first dry suit, but I want a good one I won't have to replace, and can be used in various envirnments.

How do the Bare's, and HOG's hold up to one another?

I to have looked at alot of different die suits. I went to the Our World Underwater show last year and they had all the dry suit there. I compared them all and found that i liked the look and the built of the HOG dry suit better. In fact if i would not have bought the HOG i possibly would have bought the Halycon dry suit. AS far the BARE i found it to be a little heavy. I travel quiet a bit and the weight was a consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom