Size of Mach V 18lbs wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear fellow divers,
does anyone own the Mach V in 18lbs size, and could do me the favor to measure length and width when fully inflated? I would also love to know its weight.

Reason is I want to know what's the difference to the 30lbs wing, i.e., if the smaller one makes sense as a second wing for a light and streamlined tropical rig.

Thanks!
- deepsearose -

This is the wing I am getting for my tropic travel setup, I have seen it, and it's small. IMO the lights bc every is the 18lb wing with the ultralight bp; it's going to weight a few pounds.

I have an Oxy 18 lb wing (not a Mach V).......

Fully inflated 22 by 15 inches......

Using my digital bathroom scale and weighing myself and then myself holding the wing, it is 1 pound.....but this is not very accurate as the scale rounds to the nearest whole number.......

I really like it, small easy to travel with and great underwater........

Only issue I ever had was trying to retrieve a 40 lb weight belt from the bottom.....a big guy dropped it while getting back on the boat, I was still in the water and saw it go by, so I went down to get it.......luckily I carry a Carter lift bag/surface marker so I got it back to the boat......

M

Back
Top Bottom