Anyone interested in diving at Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rboozer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was recently certified to Intro to Cave Level. I am wanting to dive this weekend. I would like to dive with someone with more experience than me who is willing to dive within my limitations.

I will be diving with singles and am limited to mainline only. There are some other restrictions at this level, but these will not be a problem at ginnie.

git-r-done and I were up there last weekend.

Just curious but why did you go with intro and not basic?

if you don't get hooked up here, try on cavediver.net, too.

NACD has 4 Levels
Cavern, Intro to Cave, Apprentice, then Full Cave.

I think basic and intro are the same.

Pretty much the same except basic (NSS-CDS) allows you to dive doubles at Ginnie.

Have a good time up there.

Just curious but why did you go with intro and not basic?

NACD has 4 Levels
Cavern, Intro to Cave, Apprentice, then Full Cave.
I think basic and intro are the same.

Pretty much the same except basic (NSS-CDS) allows you to dive doubles at Ginnie.

NACD now also has a Intro-Doubles level @ Instructors discretion - tho it has not been updated to the website. The traditional Intro level is still single tank\h-valve.

Also +1 on getting over to CaveDiver.net... You'll find a much larger receptive and more active audience there...
A bunch of us will be up next weekend around Peacock including a few OW folks looking to get a feel for cave country, and again around New Years, the CDF socials make for a good ice breaker to meet folks in the cave diving community.

-Tim

Last edited:
I have not been trained on doubles yet. I plan to dive at this level for a couple of months. After the holiday season I will get a new Harness and bigger wings, bands and manifolds then finish my training to full cave.

In the meantime I can cave dive on singles, no jumps or gaps, < 100' depth, and no Deco. There is still alot to checkout at this level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom