Finding good airfare to Roatan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been tossing the idea of making my way down to Roatan for some diving early in 2010! I've been getting a little discouraged while looking for airfare from the Philadelphia area. Anyone know how to get a decent price on a flight to Roatan? I'm seeing prices start around the $800 range. Am I missing something or is this the normal going price? Seems a bit pricey...

Thanks for the info, It just seems really expensive. Almost twice the cost of flying to Cozumel. Is it worth it????

I think it is... I have been going there since the 80's....not too many "Banana Republics" left :wink:...lots of macro critters and beautiful coral and sponges....it is a great little island...you can dive both sides of the island but usually not from one place...I have stayed on both sides of the island and found the diving equally good...:)

I am going to Guajana in Jan but fly into Roatan, we paid $600ish from Chicago O'hare to Atlanta via Delta.

I've been tossing the idea of making my way down to Roatan for some diving early in 2010! I've been getting a little discouraged while looking for airfare from the Philadelphia area. Anyone know how to get a decent price on a flight to Roatan? I'm seeing prices start around the $800 range. Am I missing something or is this the normal going price? Seems a bit pricey...

Hmmm. Can you get to DC cheaply? How about TACA from IAD (Dulles) into Roatan with a plane change in San Salvadore? I searched an arbitrary date for you and found $665.70 which includes the taxes. You might find a lower fare searching other dates. A copy of the search is below. (TACA Airlines Official Site | Flights, low airfares, hotels and car rentals)

Another option: Philly direct to Orlando on SW (less than $100 ea leg) and then the new TACA flight from Orlando to Roatan via San Salvadore.

I fly back and forth several times a year and can usually get the best fares on TACA although sometimes it takes being creative and adventurous with different routings. Check the flexible box when searching on their website.

Legend:USD = U.S. DollarWashington to Roatan

Flight 1 Friday, January 08, 2010
Departure: 04:05 Washington, USA - Dulles International, terminal B
Arrival: 07:45 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA591 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A320-100/200

Fare type: PROMO/Economy

Change of plane required. Time between flights = 1:10.

Flight 2 Friday, January 08, 2010
Departure: 08:55 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International
Arrival: 10:25 Roatan, Honduras - Roatan

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA216 Aircraft: Aerospatiale/Alenia ATR 42/72

Roatan to Washington

Flight 1 Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Departure: 17:00 Roatan, Honduras - Roatan
Arrival: 18:30 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA217 Aircraft: Aerospatiale/Alenia ATR 42/72

Change of plane required. Time between flights = 0:58.

Flight 2 Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Departure: 19:28 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International
Arrival: 00:42 +1 day(s) Washington, USA - Dulles International, terminal B

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA590 Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A320-100/200

Legend:USD = U.S. DollarPrice

Travelers Flights Taxes
1 adult(s) x (609.00 + 56.70) = 665.70 USD

Total for all travellers 665.70 USD

Purchase Conditions
Fare Basis Information

I pay about $500 from Houston to Roatan round trip. This last time I didn't get as good of a price. I use Kayak.com and it searches the other sites for you..have found it quite useful. Looking at the site, it seems there is a good price from Philly on Jan 15 for just under $500. Might be worthwhile checking it out.

On a side note, I definitely think it's worth checking out over Cozumel if you've already been there. I've done both and would pick Roatan any day. It's not as touristy and I really enjoy the vibe...awesome diving too!!

try to find a direct flight if possible....I have been the route via San Salvador and while the route through San Salvador is adventurous it is also tiring IMO... but then I am old :D

also TACA flies out of Houston also and can be cheapter than Continental but not always:wink: I have flown both airlines I prefer CO since there arrival time to RTB is earlier

Back
Top Bottom