SUUNTO cobra 2, 2hrs of use. 300$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curiously, he hasn't been online since Dec 1st on this board. Perhaps he's got some real life issues that's preventing him to get online or complete the transaction?

You might want to go through his past forum postings to get more clues..

I hope he's just ran into some small hitch and just needs a bit more time to complete the transaction. Best of luck to both of you...

go in his profile click on his friend charlesg3 and ask that guy if he knows what's up with him. they seem to be from the same area. worth a try.

This blows. I have bought a ton of stuff in transactions like your and have never had a problem. I hope you are able to work this one out.

Damn, Dan! Still nothing from the seller? It takes some pretty big balls to rip off someone from SB! If someone can pm 'Razorback' with his recourse options I'm sure he'd appriciate it. I think he used paypal. If it gets bad you can have the S.A. issue a felony warrant for Grand Theft (over $299) track his IP address and haul him back to FL!

Well, I gave him mine but didnt get his. Yes, I've emailed him nicely several times without any response. This guy is a scammer and I just got ripped off for $300 bucks. And I can't dispute it on Paypal because I sent it as a gift (trying to save this jerk some money when collecting the funds) guess I saved him more than I thought.

Burned. I did find him on Facebook as "Mark Fox, mark.p.fox@gmail.com" but for some reason he doesn't wanna be friends

lol

When you sent it as a gift, does that mean you have no legal recourse? Legally you just gave it to him. I'd try paypal just to see if they might do something.

Good luck with paypal. Anyone that thinks they are covered better read the fine print. Then ask someone that has filed a claim with them and see how long it takes to get your money back, if you ever do. I know paypal is the only option for "instant transfer" but they stink. The thought of someone stealing from me pisses me off more than most things; yet, every time I buy something and pay with paypal, I accept the fact that I may get ripped off. Any paypal guarantee is worthless to me. I wish I could opt out of the guarantee and pay a smaller fee. Obviously this is my opinion. I'll get off my soap box.

I've heard that supposedly, if you send someone a USPS money order and they rip you off it is considered mail fraud and can be reported to the USPS. I doubt that means much to a person if they are going to rip you off. I also doubt you will ever get your money back. At least it could cost you less in fees to get ripped off if you buy a Money Order.

Hey Danny,

I sent your information you sent to my buddy in Boston. He is an Attorney there and if you knew of his family ties with the Mobs back then you would leave town. But Oh well, I hope the guy is a good one with some unfortunate luck, illness, injury whatever but for 300 bucks I want emails and contacts with the time frame myself. Im sure Mr. Leahy will send this bozo a message. Let me know how it goes, you cant hide forever especially when the heat is on!

I would also post a listing on Ebay about this cat, maybe repost here in the General forum and post his name on any scuba forum around. I hate thiefs and if it so happens he is one... Im sure Mr. Leahys crew can find him.

Call me later in the week when you hear back from John.

Steve

We received an email from Marks Email addy. I forwarded it back to Danny. Hope it all works out.

Steve

Sent him all the information needed to clear up this dispute, but I havent had received anything from "mark.p.fox@gmail.com" hmm..we'll see i guess.

Back
Top Bottom