Lake Michigan diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laura2

Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoy diving in Lake Michigan more than anywhere around here. The visibility is great and diving on the shipwrecks is like going back in time. It is an experience you can't understand until you have seen it!

I really enjoy diving in Lake Michigan more than anywhere around here. The visibility is great and diving on the shipwrecks is like going back in time. It is an experience you can't understand until you have seen it!

What she said!:)

The shipwrecks are great. This past year the viz was great too. However, the viz in other years could really vary. But in general it is great diving.

I would love to be able to dive the wrecks . I have been told its a great trip. Do you use a private boat or do you charter ?

Out of Milwaukee, Jitka does a great job. Shipwreck Explorers

Al

Jitka runs the charters that UW Connection sets up. I've seen a couple other boats out there - have to agree, while I haven't been out with them Jitka's got a pretty darn good thing going there! Had the chance to dive with another boat and passed because I knew I'd be let down based on what I was used to and what I had seen of the other boats out there.

Has anyone gone out with Loves Park Scuba? My big issue was always the cost of the trip. Seems like Murphy's Law always interviened just when I was able to go. Can these dives be done wet since I quit dry diving ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom