Galileo Terra vs Sherwood Wisdom 2 vs Tec 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my tec2g although I only use it in gauge mode the resettable stop watch is awesome. I also find the download software very convenient. Don't bother with Uwatec's IR device though, I bought one on ebay for $6.95 and it works great.

Really, how did you find such a great deal....:callme:

I am curious also, which ir device did you find on ebay?

thanks
John

. . . Don't bother with Uwatec's IR device though, I bought one on ebay for $6.95 and it works great.
The inexpensive dongles are all over ebay if you search. However, some of us have had a lot of problems with them. I tried 3 different ones (mostly driver issues, and trying as many drivers as I could find didn't help) before I gave up and got the Uwatec one, which worked perfectly the first time. Sorry I can't really add anything to the original question, but the Sol is my wife's. I will say that they're feature packed and hers has been very reliable. So, the Terra would be just as good and upgradeable to be the same as a Sol. Even though sometimes I wish the transmitter she has on my 1st would go dead!:D

I am curious also, which ir device did you find on ebay?

thanks
John

Type in IRDA in the search line, you'll find hundreds of them. Just a couple of thing I would look for;

-Look for a seller in America, customs seems to take Hong Kong sellers 2-3 weeks to ship.

-Read the fine print, make sure the IRDA device works for your operating system (you may pay a small premium for Vista)

-When you receive your new IRDA device, DON'T install the software shipped with the device. Install it manually through your add hardware command and direct it to the drivers on the disk.

Well I ended up ordering the Terra. I think all of the choices would have been great, but I liked the idea of the digital compass.
I do have an ir receiver on my laptop so maybe that's all that I need

thanks for the suggestions
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom