Looking for a buddy or group to go out with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

occdn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have had a hard time finding anyone to go with in the area, so I am putting myself out there. If anyone is willing to go diving with a very responsible newbie (5 dives) let's get together and do some. If you're a photographer, I'd be happy just towing along with you and doing our nav/location. I really want to get back in the water. I am craving that underwater feeling! Shore, boat I am in. I am located in Aliso Viejo (near Laguna Beach) but am happy to drive north or south if you'd like.

PM, or email me if you're interested.
bmadiuk@gmail.com

I'll be available after the new year (on -call for work this week and vacation out of state next week) so let me know when you'd like to go out and I'd be happy to show you around.

The South Orange County dive club socdc calendar meets each Saturday morning at Pavilions on PCH in Laguna Beach. There are always members to dive with. They also schedule boat dives together.

another thought - the dive matrix is a west-coast-centric (but not west-coast-limited!) board. try asking on divematrix.com and see if you can scare up some buds.

Hey occdn, I'm happy to take new divers out....let me know if you're ever interested! Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the next couple weekends, but I'll be free the second weekend in January. Let me know if you're interested....we could do a couple Laguna dives (conditions are usually very good in the winter!).

I also second BabyDuck's recommendation to check out DMX (divematrix). There are a lot of local active divers....many of whom really enjoy taking new divers out!

I have had a hard time finding anyone to go with in the area, so I am putting myself out there. If anyone is willing to go diving with a very responsible newbie (5 dives) let's get together and do some. If you're a photographer, I'd be happy just towing along with you and doing our nav/location. I really want to get back in the water. I am craving that underwater feeling! Shore, boat I am in. I am located in Aliso Viejo (near Laguna Beach) but am happy to drive north or south if you'd like.

PM, or email me if you're interested.
bmadiuk@gmail.com

There are a few of us going out on the Explorer boat in Ventura on 2 Jan 2010. Come and join us if you can.

CalBoat Diving

I have had a hard time finding anyone to go with in the area, so I am putting myself out there. If anyone is willing to go diving with a very responsible newbie (5 dives) let's get together and do some........

Few years ago I had the same problem ... certified with few dives but no buddy to dive with :depressed:

Then I did some research (like You) and I did find out that there is a very active diving community right here in Orange County; 2 formal Dive Clubs (Laguna Sea Dwellers and South Orange County Dive Club), a dive group (South Coast Divers), and a news service (OCdiving)

I became a members of both clubs and dive with all 3 groups :D

Since then my dive life changed drastically and now diving is my full time job :wink:

Sign up with OCDiving News and with Rich emailing list and for sure you will find somebody to dive with.

See you underwater

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom