New to scuba-so glad to find Scuba Board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catpsy

Reaction score
My husband and I are taking our 1st cert class. We're laughing a lot about our bouyancy control :) & appreciating how encouraging & generous our instructors are. I love photography while snorkeling, so am looking forward to warm weather, improved bouyancy control & learning about UW photography. ScubaBoard is a very exciting resource & community.

yup diving is fun and your air is strapped to your back not laying ontop of the water your swimming in so its more fun then snorkeling. Good luck with your class hopefully you have a good instructor that teaches you well and makes it fun so you enjoy it too

Good on ya catpsy! :) What organisation are you learning to dive with and where are you learning to dive?

All the best
Claude

Welcome to :sblogo:

The more comfortable you are in the water and the more control you have over yourself will make photography that much easier. Once you get into photography, there are alot of relatively inexpensive cameras out there that do amazing things! I love my SeaLife. I started with a DC600 and will be moving on to their 1200 series next year.

Good luck with your adventures!
Carolyn:shark2:

Ah you are so lucky to find Scubaboard so early in your training. Where else can you ask a question and have 5 instructors answer? Of course everyone has opinions but-- soon enough you'll learn to sort them out and have your favorite voices on the board.

Welcome to Scuba Diving & welcome to scubaboard!

Welcome to a great sport! You will find SB is a great resource and full of interessting people with all sorts of valuable insights... welcome aboard!

Welcome to Scubaboard. This a great place to get great information from knowledgeable and helpful people.

Good luck in all your diving

.... We're laughing a lot about our bouyancy control :) & appreciating how encouraging & generous our instructors are. ...

In my opinion proper buoyancy control is one of the most important skills to master while scuba diving.

As soon as you are done with your OW class, take a buoyancy specialty :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Welcome to SB and Happy Holidays! Consider following up with your course experience as others have suggested. Your instructor should model excellent buoyancy, follow his/her lead and ask questions. It gets easier with experience for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom