Merry Christmas..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snow is fine :) .... ice is BAD!

I have nine inches stacked up in my yard with drifts of nearly three feet on the lee of some buildings. I think I can only remember one other white Christmas in my neck o' th' woods. Ya'll have a great one (but stay warm and stay safe).
Bill

I have nine inches stacked up in my yard with drifts of nearly three feet on the lee of some buildings. I think I can only remember one other white Christmas in my neck o' th' woods. Ya'll have a great one (but stay warm and stay safe).
Bill

Hey Bill...post some pictures if you get a chance! Love to see everyone's White Christmas if ya get one....they're so rare in our parts......

:sleigh:

Merry Christmas to all the Texas Swamp Divers family and friends. Wishing you all the best this Holiday season.

Ho.........Ho................Ho.......................

:pirate2:

If I'm doing this right, here are a couple of shots of the aftermath of our "blizzard" (the National Weather Service's words...not mine) . Quite a White Christmas, huh? Well, for around here...our Northern buddies would probably laugh. Merry Christmas, stay warm, and stay safe, all!

100_4942.JPG

100_4935.JPG

Merry Christmas everyone!

Natalie, Devan, Stef and I had a rockin' snowball fight yesterday morning in Gainesville. That little girl has a good arm!!! Stef and I were both covered from head to toe. I'll try to post pictures later. :)

The snow looked a little different from my angle.....

[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af92/TruckDiver/Road%20life/?action=view&current=image002.jpg][/URL]

We kinda wound up doing Christmas a day late, as I got stuck out on the road overnight on Christmas Eve.
The snow isn't so pretty from the seat of a big truck, not when it's coming down sideways...

Got blocked in by wrecks just west of Putnam about 4pm, sat there waiting until they got the road cleared, at 10 am Christmas Day. It was a long, miserably cold night. Clear, but cold and windy.

But, on the bright side, something pretty cool happened. I got to witness something kinda special.

We waited for the road to get cleared of wrecks for a long time, then it started to get dark....

As it became clear to everyone that we were gonna be here all night, people came together.
Drivers were checking on 4wheelers, inviting them into their trucks if they were low on gas.
Sharing food and water, people just taking time to help a stranger.
All of us stuck in the same boat, all of us spending Christmas night stuck on the interstate in the middle of nowhere.

It was really kinda fitting after all. People showing goodwill toward their fellow man, caring for one another, sharing what they could to help someone else.
Under a starry, cold sky, I was reminded of what Christmas is all about. That was something that doesn't happen very often anymore........

And that, my friends, is what Christmas miracles are made of.

Peace and goodwill toward all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom