Curacao trip - must do dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm staying at the Breezes resort with a dive group. I think we're going to get a group rate from the dive bus but would like my dives to count during the week and see the better dive spots if I can. I don't have much interested in doing my AOW down there just so I can see the deep boat, I'm from Ontario and we have some better ones down here that I'll do next summer once I'm certified. Has anyone done the airplane dive? Comments on that one?

How many dives a day is realistic down there?

How many dives a day is realistic down there?

Depends on whether you want simply "dive" or if you want to "dive, dive, dive!"

:eyebrow:

Easy to get 4 dives a day in - no problem.

Perhaps I'm spoiled diving in NJ and other places with "real" wrecks...

It's not as much a wreck as it is merely a boat on the bottom of the ocean. Additionally, it's not a particularly interesting boat from a maritime/nautical perspective, it bears no historic significance, nor is there anything specifically remarkable or terribly interesting about the circumstances surrounding its sinking.

I will agree that Jersey does spoil the wreck diver, but not every wreck in NJ is interesting or has maritime significance either. I did find the story of the SP interesting and the growth on it is amazing (compared to any of our wrecks). For me I just enjoy wrecks that are put their naturally and not for a reef project or to attract divers. The ship spends years trying to stay above water, then it get’s retired and sank. What a way to reward its service!!! :D

I will agree that Jersey does spoil the wreck diver, but not every wreck in NJ is interesting or has maritime significance either. I did find the story of the SP interesting and the growth on it is amazing (compared to any of our wrecks). For me I just enjoy wrecks that are put their naturally and not for a reef project or to attract divers. The ship spends years trying to stay above water, then it get’s retired and sank. What a way to reward its service!!! :D

I have to agree with RJP, there are much better sites to dive and to spend $80 on a boat dive to do this is not worth it.

As a certified diver staying at Breezes, you will also be able take advantage of 1 all inclusive shore diver per day from the OE onsite dive shop.

A giant stride off of the dock in front of Ocean Encounters, and a short swim out through the breakwall, and you descend down a line to the reef.

I realize you want to hit some signature dive sites, but for convenience the onsite diving is an opportunity you should consider since you are right there.

For a boat dive, I recommend Mushroom Forest. I prefer shore dives such as Tugboat - make sure you end your dive under the Pier (non-divers can snorkel while you dive), Varsenbaai (Police Bay). My dive at Porto Mari was not great. It may have been CSS.

I like the Dive Bus for shore diving.

Dive Bus Is one of the best...They come and get you at your hotel, haul you to the dive site, bring treats & water, maybe lunch..Dive , Dive, Dive, then back to the Dive Bus Hut for Beers if you like. Absolutely the best bunch of people on the island. The Dive Bus - HOME

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom