aqua world (cowboys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snobbydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just back from my yearly holiday to cancun,i was recommended to aqua world and they were part of our hotel great dnt need to look for them in the resort,booked 2 twilight,1 wreck 1 reef 2 cenotes and 2 coz,the night of my first dive i humphd my kit on to wee bus only 10 min ride away got there 15mins early to book in and get kit ready and was told it was cancelled and wasnt on there computer system all my dives were cancelled and they didnt have the decency to phone hotel they were quick to take my money,got it back after laying siege at the kiosk telling people not to dive with them,ended up booking the dives with solobuceo who ive dived with before more professional than aquaworld:no: any other dives that am on and there cancelled we let the other divers know about it!! come on aquaworld be professional.......................

Too bad. Hope you had some good dives.

AW is a cattle boat operation. They are replacing many of the current in-house dive shops, just by sheer size. I know a couple of instructors from AW and it's not them, it's the company.

If you're back in the Cancun area and feeling adventurous, try Ben and Jorge at // SCORPIO DIVERS // SCUBA DIVING. They are cater to advance divers with great dive packages.

Sorry your vacation was less than stellar....

My experience was very bad with AW as well.

I was attending a friend's wedding in Cancun, but we booked a trip to dive Cozumel while there. Their boat lost one of the two engines (this comes under the heading of "stuff happens") but they didn't radio ahead to the trip guide that our boat was going to be VERY late.

We lost the dinner that we had paid for as part of the trip. This was annoying.

We came VERY close to missing the boat back to PDC and the subsequent bus back to Cancun. This could have been VERY BAD, given that covering this was going to require more $$ than I had on me.

We all ran at top speed possible from the dock carrying wet dive gear to arrive as they were finishing loading the ferry boat back. The leader then chose to chastise us for missing the dinner, almost missing the boat, and not being courteous enough to tell them where we were.

It was at this point that they lost me. I uncorked on that jerk on the pier, noting that it was THEIR boat that caused this, they had radio contact, but failed to use it, and that I expected at least a partial refund.

It was at this point that our group went back to AW to fight this to be told that this was just "the breaks" and that there wasn't anything that they could do.

Every operation has problems. How they handle them is what makes them a good operation or a money pit. These guys are the latter, preying on tourists who don't know any better.

In my experience, they were the worst cattle boat operation I've ever been exposed to and there are other options in Cancun. Please note that I'm not a new diver, and this is only the second operation I cannot bring myself to endorse at all. There are plenty of operators out of Cancun, use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive dived cancun on 3 occasions!!didnt have a problem till i met AW best off it is they contacted me before i left scotland promising they were the best dive ops in cancun.aw well once bitten twice shy,still got 6 good dives,,your right about the reefs there the best ive seen other than sunny scotland......................

Thanks everybody for the input on Aquaworld. We just learned that Aqua Safari has been booted out of the Cozumel Palace after 21 years there, replaced by Aquaworld. We've only had outstanding experiences with Aqua Safari on numerous trips to the island. After reading this thread and many others, it sounds like Aquaworld operates at the other end of the expectation spectrum. We'll keep diving with Aqua Safari.

I have issues with AW as well. On many of their cenote dives they will have 5 or 6 divers per guide. This practice is unsafe and goes against all the guidelines set about guided cavern (cenote) tours. Also on many occasions the AW guides will bring the divers well beyond the cavern zone into the cave, this action is unsafe. Don't support their cavern tours until they change the way they operate their tours.

Dennis Weeks

Hi guys, I'm sorry... it's not to "pour gasoline on fire" but today I had to rescue two lost divers (not beginners but very unexperienced)... I meet them diving alone! It's the third time in my life I've found lost divers from AW underwater. When today I meet them I checked first their gadge pressure (more than half tank each one) and decided to bring them with my group. During the dive I didn't find their DM and after 18 min we all finish our dive. They told me they were diving with AW ( I was sure of that!) and their big boat was too far from us to join it. So I had to bring them with my boat to the AW boat. Today AW had 2 big groups diving in Isla Mujeres at the same time and the DM leader of the group with the two lost divers was still underwater!!! Can you believe that?
It's not necessary to say anything else, but just a council to all the divers will come in this area... PLEASE, put your life in the right hands... your life coasts much more than 5 dollars saved on a diving trip. Thanks for the attention.
Guido Cocchia
PADI MI 964959

hahahahaha.... unbelievable man.... :wink:
they are the real authentic "scuba enemies"... I don't understand how people can go with...
of course I quote. See you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom