Woman Dies in Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update:

Caymans police ID Sandy woman who died during dive - Salt Lake Tribune

George Town, Cayman Islands » Cayman Islands police have identified a cruise ship passenger from Utah who died after going on a diving excursion.
Police spokeswoman Janet Dougall said Monday the victim was 52-year-old Cindy Neilsen, of Sandy.
Detectives say Neilsen became unconscious during a dive off Grand Cayman and died before arriving at George Town hospital Wednesday.
Dougall said Neilsen was an experienced diver who was visiting the British Caribbean territory with her family.

----------------------

No further info.

Art

Unbelievably, I was on the boat and she was in my dive group. It is something that will remain in my memory for a lifetime. This was one of the nicest groups of people I had met. Her husband was extremely distraught and will need help coping with this tragedy. Her friends on the trip will need the same. Say a prayer for her family and friends, as they need all the comfort they can get. Her entire family amd some friends were on this cruise, including the vic's mother.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

As a reminder, this forum has special rules which will be enforced.
The purpose of this forum is the promotion of safe diving through the examination and discussion of accidents and incidents; to find lessons we can apply to our own diving.
Accidents, and incidents that could easily have become accidents, can often be used to illustrate actions that lead to injury or death, and their discussion is essential to building lessons learned from which improved safety can flow. To foster the free exchange of information valuable to this process, the "manners" in this forum are much more tightly controlled than elsewhere on the board. In addition to the TOS:

(1) You may not release any names here, until after the names have appeared in the public domain (articles, news reports, sherrif's report etc.) The releasing report must be cited. Until such public release, the only name you may use in this forum is your own.
(2) Off topic posts will be removed and off topic comments will be edited.
(3) No flaming, name calling or otherwise attacking other posters. You may attack ideas; you may not attack people.
(4) No trolling; no blamestorming. Mishap analysis does not lay blame, it finds causes.
(5) No "condolences to the family" here. Please use our Passings Forum for these kinds of messages.
(6) If you are presenting information from a source other than your own eyes and ears, cite the source.
(7) If your post is your hypothesis, theory, or a "possible scenario," identify it as such.
Thanks in advance,

Known facts: I will be adding them to this post as they come to light for easy reference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom