Lake Michigan diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor:
I'm hoping to get a decent amount of dives in on the lake next year, maybe we can help reverse your luck

StreetDoctor:
What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine?

Last I remember, you have a girlfriend....

I don't know, it sounds like the hidden costs of diving with Dan might be a little high for me...

My bad luck continues btw. Today, I even got ousted from a quarry.

50-60 knots? That's 60 - 72 MPH. On a glass lake the double D can do about 60 IF the engines are running right. All BS aside the Divers delight is the fastest dive boat on the water. It is a no frills operation and is reasonably priced. Because Ralph trailers the boat he can go most anywhere. He mostly works from Kenosha up to Sheboygan. Labor Day weekend you'll find him in Munising Michigan. If you or your dive club has the coin he will take you where you want. Hold on for dear life and secure your gear and you'll have a good time. People who take two hours to set up need not apply. This is for divers!

If the motors are running right,
and you need a good back to hold up if she gets up to warp drive, Love the story from the Door county divers thrill ride on the double D! she wont sink,but will take on water sounds like a blast & would love to see the video up on youtube Mike bailing!!

Glad we all own our own dive boats I mean small armada. gas and insurance all added up with the volume of local and tow & dive trips still way ahead of the game & I get to pick with whom I dive or not dive with-and don't de kit to enter my or any of our other boat's IMO the most dangerous thing a novice diver can do on the Great Lakes 2 cents worth,

Has anyone gone out with Loves Park Scuba? My big issue was always the cost of the trip. Seems like Murphy's Law always interviened just when I was able to go. Can these dives be done wet since I quit dry diving ?

Went out with Dan Johnson (Loves Park Scuba) on the Lockwood Exployer this summer. It was a good time. Dan and Lorri took good care of us. The boat is reasonably fast and is setup for diving. The boat is a little small but very workable. And yes, you can dive wet. We used 7mm one piece wet suits and were comfortable. I definitely recommend them for dives off of Milwaukee.:D

I don't know, it sounds like the hidden costs of diving with Dan might be a little high for me...

My bad luck continues btw. Today, I even got ousted from a quarry.

I kinda figured you were a trouble maker...:rofl3:

Did you get the msg about BTM on 1/9 & 1/10?

I kinda figured you were a trouble maker...:rofl3:

Did you get the msg about BTM on 1/9 & 1/10?

I did not. BTM=Bonne Terre Mine? The 9th and 10th is the weekend Greg was planning to head to Mermet. I was going to try to make it out there for that.

Tom

I'm new to this board but not but have been on most of the charters mentioned they are all good charters and run good operations. But for my 2cents worth I believe that Divers Delight runs the best I not only like the speed of there boat but I also like taking the surface interval on shore which they always do because of the speed of there boat they also supply drinks,cookies and pretzels. They have a great saftey minded crew and Ralph is very expierenced Capt.

I believe that all the charters in the area run a good operation also don't forget in the Milwaukee area that Gost Ships will be comming soon.

Yes very true....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom