Light "Commercial" Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, i aint crying.

i aint a weeny baby that gets p'd off.

U good. U cool. we cool.

I'd challenge any diver to do a saturation dive to 1300fsw and stick weld a pipe down there. They have an incredibly difficult job.

Most people have no idea how hard the job can be. It's the closest thing to being on a 28 day deep space mission. :)

Suredo!!!

is that you in the profile pic of your profile? doing the microtunneling job?

Just thought I'd ask. I know a lil about the picture and the job.

Sorry, you must be mistaken. My profile pic is of a hydroelectric dam inspection job in Canada.

By the way, the commercial diving helmuts are just expensive buckets, ya know. Turn upside down and you are drawing in water like New Orleans.....unless it is locked into a drysuit, of course.

No one would know the level of your ignorance if you didn't open your mouth.

Last edited:
Noone would know the level of your ignorance if you didn't open your mouth.

Reference my signature for an appropriate quote :D

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I thing Think I spent too much money on my km47 when I could have just cut holes in a Spackle bucket and glued to my dry suit:D

just through id put in my two sense
I am probably the only guy I know who use surface supplied for boat cleaning and inspections. I have 2 tenders/gas rack operator we get the job done and I do it with in the osha standards that is for my safety even though if I am the only one in the water I don't half to fallow OSHA (Read the regs). I like have communication to the surface expecaly if there is a problem. I am also tethered so he can pull my fat ass out but that is just me. even If I am doing work with scuba gear I still dive tethered with comms. but thats just me

Last edited:
I have a Snead Shallow Water in my collection if someone is looking for a bucket.
Commercial Diving, so many many ways to get oneself hurt, or killed.
A good tip, if you don't know what youre doing, surround yourself with people who do.
A great tip, if your not sure, don't do it.
Advice, there are much easier ways to make a lot more money, hire in with an Oil Co.
that has a Union... and Good Retirement....

Choking Hose, what a way to make a living.

Most people have no idea how hard the job can be. It's the closest thing to being on a 28 day deep space mission. :)

Word. I linked to the cdiver.net web site through another SB thread, and to put it mildly, It is an eye-opener. It's a site for commercial divers, and the accounts of dive accidents will curl your hair. No commercial work, "Light" or super-saturated, is to be taken casually. :shocked2:
Commercial Diving | cDiver.net | The Commercial Diver Network
By the way, I am a strictly rec diver.

Okay if I may tally the score..... tie? no just two different people... let me explain

fstbttms.... this is a guy that I would love to have a beer with after work on a friday night to shoot the s**t. Like tonight except I live in North Carolina. hmmm bummer
:coffee: insert beer in this cup.

Thalassamania... probably not want to drink a beer with... because all this government regulation crap that I've been getting so sick of hearing about on the TV is a little much to read about on scubaboard. less regulation in my opinion.....
....but I probably would rather him do my taxes instead of fstbttms. am I right?
this is in no ways a slam on you Thalassamania. You have knowledge that many would like to have.

anyway to the OP...

I don't have any background in commercial diving but rather just a love for diving. I would say go for it. Take the advice of a few divers on here and join a commercial diving school. If this is going to be an integral part of your business or if you just want to get away from all of the noise and go under. I'd say do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom