Low vis lake diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So everyone who does not agree with you is a liar?

Sorry I wasted my time posting.

Dude, I was joking. Wow, chill out. Here's a bunch of silly emoticons so don't have to try to figure that out for yourself. Sheesh. If I'd had a history of rudeness on the board, I could see where you were coming from but you need to back up the angry bus a little and remember you're in scuba land. You know, where people are generally intelligent, happy, and fun-loving.

:eek:npatrol: :banana: :bash: (That's a picture of you!) :bonk: (That's what you really ought to do!) :catfight: (This is probably what will happen for the rest of the thread cuz you got your panties in a wad.) :crash: (That's what everyone else is doing now.) :football: (And that is me, now impervious to your flaming.)

Hasta!

Dude, I was joking. Wow, chill out. Here's a bunch of silly emoticons so don't have to try to figure that out for yourself. Sheesh. If I'd had a history of rudeness on the board, I could see where you were coming from but you need to back up the angry bus a little and remember you're in scuba land. You know, where people are generally intelligent, happy, and fun-loving.

:eek:npatrol: :banana: :bash: (That's a picture of you!) :bonk: (That's what you really ought to do!) :catfight: (This is probably what will happen for the rest of the thread cuz you got your panties in a wad.) :crash: (That's what everyone else is doing now.) :football: (And that is me, now impervious to your flaming.)

Hasta!

Well, at least you came back with a nice, pleasant, explanatory response that did not further alienate me.

Well...

Well, at least you came back with a nice, pleasant, explanatory response that did not further alienate me.

Well...

Yep, who knew I would be so good. You're welcome!

(How in the world did you get selected to be a board guide?)

Having only dove in tropical waters with great vis (except for my OW cert where the vis was about 5 feet) I'm trying to understand the draw to freshwater low vis diving.

For me, I can either dive almost every day in the lakes near my home (visibility is 1-2 feet), or I can fly to Cozumel or Key Largo once a year for a week of diving.

It's a "no brainer" as far as I am concerned. I used to get 20-25 dives a year, and now I am getting 100+ dives a year.

to the OP I would say that I have dove in Molokini crater with a visibility of over 200 feet and loved it. I have also dove in a lake in Arkansas that had a visibility of about 6 inches. It was the worst dive I ever did but none the less a magical draw to the fact that I wanted to see what was on the bottom.

Normal conditions I dive localy extend from about 6 foot of visibility to on a good day 30 feet of visibility but yes the magic is the exploration. I have saw sunken boats and airplanes and buses I have seen so many things that just amaze the eyes.

Best thing about low visibility dives is you learn to trust your instruments and self judgement. So when you do the clear ocean dives you are so accustomed to your gears that everything just feels natural!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom