Casa Del Mar Hotel in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CTamberjack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone

This is my first post, just joined the forum. Me and my wife are planning a return to Cozumel April 11th for 6 night stint. We found a decent all inclusive deal at Casa Del Mar doing 5 days of diving with Aqua Safari for $970/per person.

Has anyone on this board ever stayed at this hotel? Any comments about it?

We just spent our Honeymoon at the Cozumel Palace in August so we know you cant get much better than that.

Also whats the water/diving like in mid April?

Thanks

Chris

It's been about a year, but I've stayed at Casa del Mar several times. Only once in the hotel rooms, the other stays have all been in the cabanas. If you're in the hotel, get a "superior ocean view" room. Nothing fancy but they are comfortable and clean. One of the better beds we've had at Cozumel hotels too... firm, but not quite like sleeping on a board.

Great location about 3 miles south of town. For us that's walkable distance and we walk at least one-way each day, often both ways. Taxi used to be about $6. Rates have gone up so maybe someone who's been recently can give you current prices.

The restaurant at the hotel is good for breakfast and fine for other meals too, although it will get old eating there every day. There are a few options within minutes walk, or head to town.

Overall, I'd say Casa del Mar is sort of like a Mexican Holiday Inn.

First of all, welcome to the Board!!
I have stayed there twice. No complaints about the room or food (or drinks).
Diving in April should be fine.
Never used Aqua Safari, so can't help you there.
Have a great time.

My husband and I have been to Cozumel several times in April/May and the weather is fabulous - diving is great! We have dove with Aqua Safari on every trip and really love diving the Belinda (the smaller boat). Excellent dive op! We have stayed at the Coz Palace twice and have stayed at the Safari Inn a few times too. We prefer the smaller hotel and the food in town to the all inclusive hotel.

Casa del Mar is very convenient for walking around town. We have never stayed at Casa Del Mar so I can't comment on the rooms.

You will have a great time in April! The water is warm and visibility is great! Air temps are in the mid to upper 80's. I don't recall any rain while we have been there in April. It is my favorite time of year to go!

Welcome to the board Amberjack.

I have stayed at Casa Del Mar several times and for dive trips really enjoy it. Obviously, no comparison to the Palace but clean with great friendly staff.

Agree with Scubawife on the Ocean View Room if thats important to you, but you can can probably upgrade if you choose to upon arrival for a nominal fee. A couple of things (no in room safes or minibars)

CDM has a great little restuarant with awesome made to order omelettes. Prices are very reasonable with a decent offering. Across the street is Ernestos Fajita Resturant and less than 1/4 block away is another resturant called Parilla La Mission - not as good as the one on 30th, but very good.

Delmar Aquatics is directly across from the hotel and a great dive op, but I am sure Aqua Safari is great as well. Actually shore diving from the Delmar Aquatics pier is really pretty good for Cozumel. Night diving from there is what we always do and have never been disappointed. If you dive there during the day, watch for boat traffic.

CDM is about a 3/4 - 1 hour walk to town unless you really bust it.

Enjoy your stay. :)

I always stay at the little place next door to CDM, so I cant comment on the rooms. I've had their food and it was fine. Also highly recomend Earnesto's for fajitas, guac, and ceviche.

I stay at CDM about once a year. Nice place with a great staff and clean rooms. We had a corner room with a King size bed that was huge.

What's nice about the AI there is that rather than a buffet, its all ordered from the menu. Everything's included but the lobster which has a surcharge.

We dove with Del Mar Aquatics. Haven't dove with Aqua Safari. The dive shop has crates to store your gear next to the pier, but you must supply your own lock. not sure how it works if you aren't diving with them.

The shore dives are pretty good for Cozy. Many of the snorkel boats come over to that area, along with the glass bottom boats too. All which feed the fish, so they are plentiful.

A bit spooky when the Atlantis Submarine comes in to dock, so be alert!

We stayed at CDM once, but for the same price we prefer Hotel Cozumel. Better pool, closer to town, nicer rooms...when comparing basic room to basic room. I hear the cabanas at CDM are quite nice though. At CDM, I was not a fan of the restroom window (permanently open) being open to the hallway outside the rooms. The newly wed couple across the hallway enjoyed their shower so much I had to close my restroom door to get any sleep. :)

I always stay at the little place next door to CDM, so I cant comment on the rooms. I've had their food and it was fine. Also highly recomend Earnesto's for fajitas, guac, and ceviche.

Diver86 what is the name of the place Ya'll stayed?
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom