Ginnie Springs Campground

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We try to get down that way at least once a month, always stay in a hennessy expedition hammock at the site. Just be sure to try and get away from the main road back in the woods. It wont be nearly as bad as if you were going in the middle of the summer.

I have the Hennessy Ultralight Backpaker Asym Hammock...Love it.

I will second, third, fourth, etc the comments about the drunks.
Tubers are Ginnie's "bread and butter" and that's who they cater to.

I've been down to Ginnie 5-6 times and the time I had an issue with drunks was a Memorial Day weekend. Now I make it a point not to go during major holidays...Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. The other times I've been it was like having the park to myself.

If you're staying in the high springs area, check out "Great Outdoors" for some awesome food and a fantastic setting. It's actually a really nice place.......not the cheapest menu, but well worth it. The first time I went there I was in shock.......I didn't know N Florida could have such things. Apparently there's a place around the corner from Great Outdoors that is suppose to be one of the best italian restaurants on the entire east coast.....

Sounds tasty. I am trying to get a friend to come with me so we can split the cost of a motel. As I am going down for training I may better appreciate a bed and A/C.

Camping at Ginny can be loud and rowdy although back sites are usually alright such as near Turkey Roost on the left side as you drive in. The cost for a single camper are reasonable ($20.40 per camper) but since they charge per camper instead of per site then if you have more than one camper their prices are similar to that of local hotels. A benefit of staying at Ginny is that you can night dive which is nice as typically you will have the dive sites/caves to yourselves.

You might consider camping at O'leno State Park which costs $18/nite (plus tax). O'Leno State Park is located on U.S. 441, six miles north of High Springs. It's quiet with decent sized sites and a nice bath house.

I second O’leno. It’s nearly on the way/way back from Wayne’s/Amigos and it’s a whole ton quieter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom