Videos from Panasonic Lumix TZ7 / ZS3 in AVCHD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! Pwede na kayong mag dive this weekend! U got SD card narin?
so, practise, practise, practise.. enjoy d cam!

i got a class 6 8gig sdhc.
heading to bohol nest weekend so lets how it goes. hopefully i get some vids of those chevron barracuda schools.

what are you guys using to edit your avchd videos. it really is kinda a pita to edit.
im using power director atm but it seems kinda slow and produces some artifacting in some test videos i shot.

wicked, how is vegas pro? is it any fast? does it support vidias CUDA?

i got a class 6 8gig sdhc.
heading to bohol nest weekend so lets how it goes. hopefully i get some vids of those chevron barracuda schools.

what are you guys using to edit your avchd videos. it really is kinda a pita to edit.
im using power director atm but it seems kinda slow and produces some artifacting in some test videos i shot.

wicked, how is vegas pro? is it any fast? does it support vidias CUDA?
how did i miss this ? sorry but i ditched Sony Vegas for muvee 8..it is a very useful program...

i posted this to help with editing with muvee..

muvee Maniacs • View topic - Findings on making HD muvees - Pany/Sony users

So I finally got my ZS3 and OEM case. wow is it ever tricky to hold steady in big thick gloves that we wear up here. so today I built this. $20 in parts and about 30mins with very basic hand tools. will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes, mainly for freediving, but should work well on scuba too.

Attachments

• P1000014.JPG
    P1000014.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000013.JPG
    P1000013.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 88
Finally arranged to get the U.Case.
The cheapest its to buy it from: portagadgets.com in canada. I think its aboout 70€ cheaper than in Europe.

Regards to all:D

So I'm finally posting my ZS3 video six weeks after returning from my dive trip to the caribbean. This video is a mix of shots from the Grand Cayman Islands West Wall and Isla De Roatan near Anthony's Key Resort at a place they call Fish Rock. One thing I learned on my first "real" dive is that getting the best shot is a lot easier with two feet on the ground :banghead:

Amphibious... What material did you use for the handles on that homemade masterpiece??!! Plz forward the blueprints if you wouldn't mind. I have got to do something about all the shakies in my footage!!:drooling:

So here is my first "attempt" at underwater photography :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYKE8XaJVPk

Finished editing a new ZS3/TZ7 Video. It was taken on January 4, 2010 at Sipadan Island. It was edited with Muvee Reveal 8. I have also made some additional edits to my Verde Island, Philippines video, so I'm reposting.

YouTube - Diving Incomparable Sipadan Island, Malaysia (HD)
Sipadan Island, Malaysia

YouTube - Scuba Diving Breathtaking Verde Island , Philippines (HD)
Verde Island, Philippines

Thanks for sharing these videos. I especially liked the Verde Island video and really liked the music too!

I've got a few questions if you don't mind:

1) How does the video quality hold up when the whole scene is moving underwater? I didn't notice any image quality problems in your videos, which was pretty encouraging. By contrast, I use a Lumix GH1 (not underwater though) and have run into problems where the video compression just can't keep up with the motion and the picture gets blocky.

2) Loved the color in your videos! Can you manually white balance the camera, or did you adjust in editing?

3) What do you use for lights? In certain shots it looks like you used an on-camera light.

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I was in the Philippines over the past two weeks on another dive adventure. See my responses below.

Thanks for sharing these videos. I especially liked the Verde Island video and really liked the music too!

I've got a few questions if you don't mind:

1) How does the video quality hold up when the whole scene is moving underwater? I didn't notice any image quality problems in your videos, which was pretty encouraging. By contrast, I use a Lumix GH1 (not underwater though) and have run into problems where the video compression just can't keep up with the motion and the picture gets blocky.

I have not had any issues with blocky video

2) Loved the color in your videos! Can you manually white balance the camera, or did you adjust in editing?
Thanks, you can manually set the white balance for the camera if you wish and you can dial in the color in post editing depending on which video editor you use. I have my camera set to underwater mode which is great for adding back red in the first 30 feet of water. Below that, I find that you need some form of artificial light.
3) What do you use for lights? In certain shots it looks like you used an on-camera light
Personally, I use dual iTorch video lights that have 500 lumens power each. I don't think there is any substitute for video lights for bringing out the saturated colors. You really need it when you are diving below 30 feet.

Finished editing a new ZS3/TZ7 Video. Part of a dive adventure in the Philippines during April, 2010--A close encounter with majestic whalesharks at Limasawa Island, Sogod Bay, Southern Leyte followed by the resident school of dancing and shimmering sardines found at Pescador Island, Cebu.
Be sure to watch in 720p HD quality and the soundtrack is integral part of the video. Your feedback or questions are always welcome.

YouTube - Majestic Whalesharks to Dancing Sardines (HD)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom