U-352

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just as busy on weekdays as well....?? ( I guess everyone vacations at the same time !!)

I'd recommend not boxing yourself in too tight when you plan your trip. I've seen folks who came great distances and planned for two days of offshore diving and got blown out and never went out at all. I took a wreck class last summer with a buddy from Georgia. It was his 9th attempt to dive the sub. Each prior trip was called at the last minute due to conditions before he left Georgia. We had a lovely two days of diving during our class, then all of the weekend dives were blown out after that.

So plan a few extra days and enjoy what is on land if the boats don't go out.

I'd like to chime in regarding lulubelle's comment: it is hit or miss; the weather, wind, and seas decide not only if the trip is a blow out but also a particular location. On a given day, the sub may be either hard to get to or poor viz, but other wrecks are better. There may be up to 25 other divers on the boat who may not want to go to the sub. If one keeps the mind open to diving any of the wrecks you will be less likely to be disappointed.

I'd like to chime in regarding lulubelle's comment: it is hit or miss; the weather, wind, and seas decide not only if the trip is a blow out but also a particular location. On a given day, the sub may be either hard to get to or poor viz, but other wrecks are better. There may be up to 25 other divers on the boat who may not want to go to the sub. If one keeps the mind open to diving any of the wrecks you will be less likely to be disappointed.

The sub isn't too hard to get to in general. I know that Discovery sometimes has boats dedicated to going to the sub. Also, if you start a charter, many of the Captains will let you have the say about where the boat is going, provided it fills up enough to go out. As for the weather and conditions at each site, completely random as stated above.

Thanks, but I was interested in the U352 Historically..As there are a ton of wrecks right here at home I can dive at with no issues...

The sub is a popular enough target that you shouldn't have too much difficulty getting to it...weather permitting. If you want to guarantee to you will go to the sub, however, your best bet would be to get enough friends to fill one of the area six packs.

The sub is a popular enough target that you shouldn't have too much difficulty getting to it...weather permitting. If you want to guarantee to you will go to the sub, however, your best bet would be to get enough friends to fill one of the area six packs.

Thats what we are looking to do, or perhaps charter a 21 passenger as we may have a but more than 6 by the time spring/summer gets around..
Thanks

'sup Packman?

200bar, Discovery sometimes will let you specify where you go if you are the first one signed up for the boat and it is not chartered. Lots of people come from long distances to dive the boat and the ops will be straight up with you about whether they can or cannot guarantee that the boat will go to the sub...if it goes out.

But Packman is right, charter a boat and fill it and you can go anywhere you want.

Go Heels.

If you want one of the larger boats, you need to go ahead and make your reservation because the boats are filling up fast. Discovery has 2 crew boats and a six pack. If you start the charter, you get to choose the destination. If you plan on the six pack and get more later on, one of the larger boats might not be available, so plan on reserving the number you expect to begin with. You can always cut your number back later on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom