If considering a purchase from ScubaDiverGreg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With out Original Recipt. Most manufactures will not warranty the Product. Still doesn't hurt to try and see what they say

Mark had advertised two Sea and Sea 1200HD cameras and I purchased the new one. The camera does not focus and the lense is stuck in the extended position (Charged up the battery, inserted a new card and powered up) This is his response to my request for my money back (I offered to eat the shipping cost back to Toronto)

"Mike,

I'm afraid I cannot refund your money, I already used it for another purchase. Also, it is not my responsibilty that a brand new camera is not working. I understand that you're in an unfortuneate situation but I just can't accept a return. It is monetarily impossible for me and it's a factory/manufacturing issue, not mine."

Expensive, but I've learned my lesson, I'll only deal with local/dealers.

That's how it came to me! I never touched a thing but the outside of the box. I don't think I have the receipt, it's been many months since my purchase.

Greg,
If you don't have the original receipt and if it's not covered under manufacturer warranty, IMHO this definately is your issue. If I was the OP and received this response from you, I would file a fraud report with my credit card company and possibly a suit in small claims court depending on how much money was involved. I am amazed by the callousness of your response to the OP. The fact that you spent the money does not change anything.

https://www.seaandsea.com/PDF_Maint/SEA_SEA_WARRANTY.pdf

SEA&SEA’s Limited Warranty provides the original owner that this SEA&SEA product is free from defects
in material or workmanship.
SEA&SEA agrees, at its option, to either repair or replace the product with same or similar product
within One (1) year from date of original purchase.
Proof of purchase (sales receipt) is required to obtain service or replacement during the warranty
period.

I don't know what else to say. I really don't. I made an honest sale with a brand new item, and it has totally backfired on me. I do feel for the buyer but I am sticking with my original decision. Hopefully the manufacturer will take responsibility for their mistake and help the buyer. I'm not a dealer, or a business, and I just honestly sold an item wanting to recoup some of my original cost. This seriously makes me question sea&sea's quality and I will be weary from purchasing an item from them.

I will look for the receipt. It may be hiding in my emails inbox, or stack of papers on my desk. I will check and get back to everyone here.

There is a definite (to me at least) cause for suspicion since the seller asked for this to be paid for via a gift. That suggests that he knew or suspected that there might be a problem and didn't want Paypal to come back after the purchase price. Also, the box with the whiteout suggests some sort of skullduggery. I have bought and sold lots of things using Paypal and if the seller ever says to pay as a gift, I simply walk away since there is no recourse. It is an unfortunate case all around. I am reminded of the head of Eli Lilly talking about doing something that would negatively affect the stock price; he said the stock will come back eventually, a reputation takes a lot longer.

I don't know what else to say. I really don't. I made an honest sale with a brand new item, and it has totally backfired on me. I do feel for the buyer but I am sticking with my original decision. Hopefully the manufacturer will take responsibility for their mistake and help the buyer. I'm not a dealer, or a business, and I just honestly sold an item wanting to recoup some of my original cost. This seriously makes me question sea&sea's quality and I will be weary from purchasing an item from them.
Did you buy the camera from an authorized S&S dealer? If so, they will have the receipt or your credit card company will. I lose receipts all the time traveling and have always been able to dig one up when I need to turn it in.

Bill

I found the receipt! I can scan and/or send it you. Can the OP please send me their address in a PM or email so I can get it to you. I purchased the camera through scuba.com and they provided me with the receipt that I found.

Mark, I sent a piggyback email on which we've previously communicated.

Thank you
Mike

My scanner isn't working unfortunately, but I'll take a picture of the receipt and send it to you tomorrow. I do have the date of purchase which is June 11th, 2009.

You'll be getting a picture sometime tomorrow (Monday)!

Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom