ContourHD 1080p and the H2OV - compact & tough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance of getting stills or a short video showing a light mounted to the camera or the camera to a light? I'd just like to see how the wide angle looks with a light and how the camera handles a light. Thanks.
Hey rrweather,
Sorry for the lack of posted video at this time, we do have some stuff in the can and we are waiting on allot more. We should be getting some video soon from the Red Sea, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Jack might even send us some from Aruba. :wink: There’s also a chance that some National Geo. folks will be using the system in Truk Lagoon later this month.
For video with lights, we do know that with a tight spot in relatively dark situations, you will get a dark image around the spot , a wide flood type light is recommended, unfortunately these type of high powered floods are very expensive. There are some upcoming dives here in the North West where will be testing some different setups, also one of the 1080p packages is being used on a ROV down in Porto Rico at the university doing some deep research and they will be sending me some of the video. Hang in there ...will post-em as soon as we get-em.
GMSconcepts

Sounds good, can't wait to see it.

Any new videos or new users with something to add? Perhaps someone has a review to add? Also, is there an ETA on the filters?

definetly intrigued. I like the idea of attaching it to a mask. that way its totally outta the way and capturing what your seeing. Really do want to see more vids of it.

I like the idea of attaching it to other things as well, but I have a question: How watertight is the camera minus the housing? I can think of two great uses for it: scuba diving and motorcycle riding. I just don't know how I could mount the watertight case to my helmet, whereas I'm sure that just the camera would be quite doable without major mods to either.

Either way the video looks really nice and the option for goodman handle mounting sounds great for the blue water diving we have here. I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

Peace,
Greg

kenonfodr, The camera was designed as an action helmet camera, and is fairly water resistant. I use the camera on my dirt bike helmet and my ski helmet and I’ve been trail riding in the rain and buried it in the snow many times without a problem. The camera comes with two different mounts for use out of the water, one for helmets and one for goggles.

For underwater the attachable ¼-20 mounting plates let you attach the housing to goodman style handles, light bars, trays, scooters, helmets, even a mono pole for self video ( see pool test video on website) We also sell a hand strap mount using a converted goggle mount with a ¼-20 bolt, the strap is made with super tough industrial Velcro for a secure fit around the hand, this allows you to carry the unit and still have your hands free. The hand strap mount also has break-away capability and comes with a small lanyard.

New video will be posting soon, :D

GMSconcepts

Hi GMSconcepts,
Do you know if in Italy there is a shop where i can see and eventually buy your CountuourHD /H20V underwater housing ??.
It is possible to mount it on my ULCS Tray for my Reflex Olympus E520 + PT-E05 housing ??
Thank you.
Scipio

Hi Scipionems,
We don't have a reseller in Italy at this time, but we do have one in Spain, www.masquevideo.com
Or you can order direct from our website, GMSconcepts
The 1/4-20 mounting plate that comes with the housing should allow you to attach the housing to your ULCS tray, the camera lens can rotate 180 degrees, so this offers different mounting options, vertical or horizontal, depending on your tray setup :)

Hi GMSconcept,
thank you for the reply.
I'll try to see the contourHD in a scubashop here in Italy, before to buy it on internet.
The last purchase i made on internet (from Austria) arrived to my house in Italy after 4 months.
I was sure to have lost my money. :depressed:
At last the product arrived, but now I'm not sure to buy again from internet.
Thank you again for the info. :)
Scipionems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom