Service manual for Merlin VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

solentdiver

Reaction score
Does anybody have a manual for a Siebe Gorman Merlin Mk VI twin hose reg? I have tried everywhere and just can't get one! perhaps there is a website where I can download it?

Thanks in advance for your help

solentdiver:
Does anybody have a manual for a Siebe Gorman Merlin Mk VI twin hose reg? I have tried everywhere and just can't get one! perhaps there is a website where I can download it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Solentdiver,
Yes in answer to your question,I have just bought one in original condition with anotated bitsfrom a previous owner (graffiti to you and me) on the cover.
I haven't scanned it yet an made it an ecopy but I will soon.
Send me a normal email address and I'll send you an attachment as soon as I can.
In the meantime whats your problem with the reg? Mine just needs a new duck-bill in the exhaust and a bit of machining on the clamp seat.

Brian C

brian cooper:
Hi Solentdiver,
Yes in answer to your question,I have just bought one in original condition with anotated bitsfrom a previous owner (graffiti to you and me) on the cover.
Send me a normal email address and I'll send you an attachment as soon as I can.
In the meantime whats your problem with the reg? Mine just needs a new duck-bill in the exhaust and a bit of machining on the clamp seat.

Brian C

Hi Brian, thanks for the info, I have sent you my email address by private message. I also need to sort out the clamp seat, the only way I can make it seal is using two O rings (not that I would dive like this!) When the air is turned on there is a steady freeflow, without the manual I don't know where to look (cylinder pressure around 80 bar). I was wondering if you have to set the IP on the Merlin, and this is somehow causing the freeflow, There is also the possibility that the valve seat is worn (where is it, behind the small plug with a hex key in the centre of the reg behind the diaphragm?). Any ideas much appreciated. Oh, and finally, how do I remove the inlet filter? somebody told me that it has to be dug out, by the looks of it there is a lock ring that would allow its removal.

As a bit of extra info, my Merlin has the reserve mechanism, original hoses and mouthpiece, even the label is in good condition.

solentdiver:
When the air is turned on there is a steady freeflow, without the manual I don't know where to look (cylinder pressure around 80 bar).
---The control for the valve is an upstream tilt mechanism which "blows"the valve shut, the diaphragm moves forward on suck and tilts the lever....either its jammed or the rubber bung on the lever head is worn.

Oh, and finally, how do I remove the inlet filter? somebody told me that it has to be dug out, by the looks of it there is a lock ring that would allow its removal.
---Thats whats wrong with mine the lock ring was removed by a butcher with a chisel and its scuffed up the seat area that sits on the o-ring.

Between us we should get them both sorted

Brian C

brian cooper:
Hi Solentdiver,
Brian C

Hi Bryan

I too recently bought a Merlin Mk VI and it will need to rebuild and some parts are missing. Could you kindly send me a copy of the break down drawing of the regulator. That would be a good help for me to start with the project.

my e-mail sam@aukdive.com Thanks

Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom