If considering a purchase from ScubaDiverGreg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC:
If it's new did it come with the warranty paperwork?

Might be able to get it serviced via the manufacturer if that's the case.

What he said.........

This makes me want to buy from Leisurepro..... :D

Sorry, I was doubled over in laughter at the audacity of some of the self-righteous posts.

Glad I could help :wink:

[...edited...]

You don't pay attention do you? Do you recall the status of the last post that called him that? While I personally could care less, it is a clear violation of the TOS. You can go ahead and alter your posts if you like just so the majority will stay (just an idea if you so choose).

Also, [...seller...] never disputed the buyer's charge that the the serial number and package were altered, with evidence of "whiteout".

Perhaps you have never experienced it because you live in a shall. I have never experienced white out but I have had factory direct products delivered with alterations to serial numbers. Only a couple of times but it has happened. I can think of one thing for sure where I had that unit serviced under warranty as well.

The seller brought this upon himself when he chose his course of action.

I do not entirely disagree or fully agree with this. I am reasonable enough to know that an irrational judgement on ScubaBoard does absolutely nothing. Do you think the seller cares what you think? I understand you want (along with others) to ensure that the seller never sells anything else ever......that is your perogative, not mine. I am quite happy to point holes in the story as I see them on both sides. I am not going to jump to irrational conclusions.

As to any, "BS legal" related posts...only the seller is guilty of this as he is the one who errantly aledged "slanderous" posts.

Was that him or me? If it was me I say ...."My bad" for typing the wrong word. But the posts are BS......are you a lawyer? I am not but it pretty clear people here are not. So citing legal stuff that the people have no clue about qualifies it as BS IMO.

Obviously, in the US our legal guidelines differ from those of Canada. It would appear that we have different ethical ones as well.

Again, someone talking about legal stuff they have no clue about.

It would appear that we have different ethical ones as well.

Yup.....one of us is rational and thinks things though. Hint.....that one is me :D.

Again, you know nothing about what has happened. Why would the seller stick around to let people know the buyer is telling the truth or lying through their teeth? Most of the people here joined the mob before he even showed up in the thread so he was tarnished with little hope to correct it. Maybe this is a good thing.....maybe not. Bottom line is most of the people here sent him to the electic chair after the first witness.

Last edited by a moderator:
What time frame lapsed from purchase to notification of problem? Sorry if this has been said but my brain has gone mushy after reading all these posts.

Was this ever answered?

Even with a receipt they would not do warranty service according to thier warranty information:

[FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic][FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic]LIMITATION OF WARRANTY[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,BoldItalic]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]THIS WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES OR FOR PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM USA RETAILERS.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold]​

[/FONT]

Yes, well Scuba.com is a US retailer, and the product WAS bought there and it was (maybe) shipped outside the US. Therefor Warranty is IN EFFECT.

Scuba.com
ATTN: Repairs
1752 Langley Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Also, from their website...

"We are authorized dealers for ALL the products we sell,
and ALL products ordered come with a full manufacturer's warranty."

Whether it honors 'original purchaser' or 'original owner' can be determined through a quick call to Scuba.com and an appropriate course of action can be taken (given that buyer and seller have the will to pursue it) Based on the OP's report of original communication with the Seller... I would question the 'will' exists.

As for the Seller getting a new identity here on Scuba Board... If the owners of this site choose to intercede they can easily spot 'dupe' and 'banned return' accounts. These shenanigan attempts are outed on a daily basis of other 'forums' I visit. And the information can be shared with other site owners. This is a question for the site owners to respond to... if they have the 'will' to actively police their own site.

Sorry, I was doubled over in laughter at the audacity of some of the self-righteous posts. [...edited....] I arrived at my conclusion based on his response to the buyer when notified of the problem. Also, [...seller...] never disputed the buyer's charge that the the serial number and package were altered, with evidence of "whiteout". The seller brought this upon himself when he chose his course of action. As to any, "BS legal" related posts...only the seller is guilty of this as he is the one who errantly aledged "slanderous" posts. It is not slander. It would be 'liable', and that is not even the case. Obviously, in the US our legal guidelines differ from those of Canada. It would appear that we have different ethical ones as well.

Mr. N2 While I am completely on the buyers 'side' on this issue, you are being offensive. You are WAY out of line with your 'Canada Bashing' and you are starting a low-brow nationalist trash-talking slop-fest. And on any issue other than the seal hunt (and maybe there too) you would be on thin ice.

I worked though 14 pages and as a Canadian I TOO noticed that the canuck seller as well as a couple of the canuck posters were 'down playing' the sellers responsibility - either in 'real' legal terms or in the common Marquess of Queensberry rules. I believe they are aggravating a problem that could be solved with a little common sense and good will. The optics of nationality are a problem and I wish they had not been so outspoken on the issue, and push a position that may be seen as a wee bit pedantic.

@ ScubaSteve..."Bottom line is most of the people here sent him to the electic chair after the first witness."
Um, no I don't think so. The seller sent himself with his 'washing his hands' response to the report of the problem. And he only seems to have become 'grudgingly' helpful after being 'outed'. And he seems to have walked away from the discussion here - that speaks loudly.

Hey, what ever happened to the SECOND camera?

Welcome from sunny Hawaii. I'm so glad someone else (A Canadian no less!) asked about the second camera. After all these posts, I'm going to have to say that my cynical side is starting to blossom. The second camera was purchased by a new (Jan 2010 join date) SB member located in the same city in Canada that SBDGreg is located in. I'm hoping he is enjoying it. I am snorkeling, and had to bring my Nikonos rigs along with an old Sony point and shoot. I want to be sure that ScubaSteve knows that!! (He isn't the only one with working cameras) The only reason I purchased the S&S 1200 was the zoom function in movie mode (Lazy I know!) I do want to point out that ScubaSteve changed the wording in his link to SUDS after I questioned the previous "Above Markup" wording in a PM to him. That is not my cynical side, I truly believe that it was just a grammatical error. I am thankful that he is supporting this very worthwhile cause and recommend that all that read this support SUDS by either a purchase from ScubaSteve's link or a cash donation to SUDS. I'll even buy a shirt from his link when I return (Violating my own rule concerning local purchases only from here on out.) Anyway with 82 degree air/73 degree water temps, I need to end this and go get wet.

By the way, gummybun, Scuba.com has this policy:60/120-Day Return Policy

At Scuba.com, we are proud to offer the most flexible return policy in the industry: a 60/120-day Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our merchandise.

* If it is within 60 days and the items are in new condition with original packaging, there is a 100% credit or refund on any item.
* If it is within 60 days and the items are used or not returned with original packaging, it's not a problem, we will e-mail to you gift certificate for 75% that can be used to purchase any product we sell on the Scuba.com website.
* If it is between 60 - 120 days and the items are in new condition, we will e-mail to you gift certificate for 100% that can be used to purchase any product we sell on the Scuba.com website.
* You never need to contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) – simply include the RMA Form on the back of your receipt or you can download the form at RMA Form. To ensure that your return/exchange is handled in a speedy manner, always include a copy of your receipt.

SBDGreg purchased the camera June 11th 2009.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Hey gummybun, no mud meant to be slung in your direction! (But my opinion of Canadians is a wee bit lower after digesting SBDGreg, ScubaSteves, and other Canadian's viewpoints) (Are you sure you are Canadian?) I think this whole mess just points out that SB may have grown too large. The 99%/1% ratio has been commonly mentioned, and I would agree if one was talking about 4-5 years ago. I think that it is just too easy now for someone to absolve themselves of any responsibility if dealing on the internet with the knowledge that they will never meet face to face with a buyer and with the added incentive that a greater majority of potential customers have the feeling that an SBer would automatically do all within reason to make the situation right.

Thanks
Mike

"Someone also mentioned that I should have tested the camera. If I did that, the camera wouldn't be new. I would have to remove the battary from it's packaging then use the camera. I wanted to sell it new and not used. "

Having nothing to do with the dispute itself, the quote above is pure BS from the seller. As if testing is the same as even a single real use. He should have left that bit out.
Also, I just bought a used strobe arm set from a Canadian, good price, and it's just as advertised, with a smooth transaction.

I find that sea and sea having such a limited warranty and not stepping up in this situation enough to keep me away from their products. There are a lot of companies out there that would have serviced one of there cameras in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom