HELP! I have a week to burn and need advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For that time of year you should take a look at Gladden Spit (Placencia, Belize). You have to time it right - 2 or 3 days after the full moon I think. I saw multiple whale sharks on 3 out of 4 dives and the visibility was great. I could have reached out and touched one as it swum up beneath me while a diver 50 feet away was nearly run over by one while he was watching another. We were also joined by 10-12 dolphins on 2 occasions - one of which liked to dive down from above and pop our bubbles...

Hey everyone... I really appreciate the help and all the valuable advice.

At this point I'm considering Fiji, Thailand and Cozumel. I just need a little bit more insight into the diving in Fiji to make my decision. I think I may create a feed for Fiji vs. Thailand to look at the pros/cons etc.

Thanks again for all of the input!!!

Did you think of Bali,
I am running Scuba and Yoga holidays in April and May 6days/5Nights, great diving clear waters, lots of marine life, plus 2 yoga sessions - sunrise and sunset. All accomodation, food, drinks, 7 dives can be as low as 995 USD.

Hope that helps
Emma

Hi!! I want to spend $3000 or less **Really around $2500 or less **

I started a website that lists trips hosted by dive centers from all over the U.S. to dive destinations worldwide.

One of the dive stores is hosting a trip in April to Bonaire for under $1800 (April 10-17). Not sure where you are, but the price includes airfare from Kansas City:

$1763 per person, based on double occupancy includes: Round trip air from KANSAS CITY to Bonaire via Delta arriving same day; Transfers to and from airport; hotel and airline taxes included; 7 nights @ buddy’s w/4 in a 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen; ONE 3-tank “Washington Slagbaai National Park Experience --DEMA special; 6 days of unlimited shore diving & 1 tank boat dive each day!; FREE unlimited nitrox & 1/2 price nitrox certification for travelers, if needed; Full breakfast daily & Managers Rum Punch Party; Double cabin pick up truck for the stay, one per condo; 50% off food & beverage discount ($75 maximum discount per person). Add on $114 per person for 2 in a studio. Add on $191 per person for 2 in a 1 bedroom.

More details - and more trips - can be found at DiveCenterTravel.com.

Good luck in your search.
Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom