Mexican Riviera Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be cruising on the Radiance of the Seas out of San Diego on Feb. 12. My son and I want to get some dives in when we stop in Cabo, Acapulco, and Ixtepa (Zihuanejo). Does anyone have some info on dive ops in those ports that will pick up close to the ship? I'm thinking a 5 mil with a hooded vest will be sufficient - any thoughts? Thanks for any information.

Can't offer any dive shop advice but just thinking you may want to change your title a little bit. The Mexican Riviera generally refers to the Caribbean coastline from Cancun down past Tulum. The towns you mention are Pacific side! It might help attract the right replies! A 5 mm with hood will do you just fine for winter water temps!
Enjoy!

I've dove w/ Amigos del Mar out of Cabo San Lucas. Sturdy boat and is one block from where cruise ship passengers are dropped off at the dock. Dive sites are about 5 minute boat ride from the dock. And yes, I consider the Mexican Riviera to be south of Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc.

Mexican Riviera is on the Pacific side, the MAYAN Riviera (or Riviera Maya) is PDC, Coz, Cancun on the caribbean side.

WOW, you learn something new every day! I wiki-ed it and sure enough!!! Honestly I've never heard that before!!! I asked around when you posted the initial question and apparently my Mexican co-workers weren't aware of this term either. :) Now they've learned something new too!

we have the US riviera here in Texas between corpus and brownsville. :D (ok maybe it is not an official term yet)

Back to the topic.

Were taking a cruise this month as well. the line has an excursion with a local operator in Cabo. Having never been there thats what were doing.

When we get to PV were diving with PV Scuba. I can't help other than that.

Back
Top Bottom