Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on some of the reviews, I decided to get ZS3, the lumix housing, dual arm tray with a pair of I-Torch VDO "headlights". I'm attaching my first video which was taken at Puerto Galera, Philippines. The editing software used was Muvee 8.

http://www.youtube.com/v/7yXiANcLORs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1

Oops not sure how to embed.

Last edited:
you can edit and view avchd if you have windows 7.
if not you may get third party video editors like power director, muvee, sony vegas pro.
if your on vista im not sure if you can upgrade the movie maker in vista to the same one as windows 7.
Thanks rab1412000. Looks like im shopping for windows 7.

Cheers

Gold Coast Diver

you can edit and view avchd if you have windows 7.
if not you may get third party video editors like power director, muvee, sony vegas pro.
if your on vista im not sure if you can upgrade the movie maker in vista to the same one as windows 7.

I have windows 7, what are you using to edit the avchd files. It's not working for me.

Can anyone recommend a good US source for spare batteries that actually work in this camera?

I just ordered the ACD-311 battery from B&H Photo and should have it in a few days. I've read from a few different sources that it works with the 1.2 firmware. Once it arrives, I'll post if it works or not.

Hi Rab1412000,
Mate i got windows 7 and downloaded movie maker 2.6 and my pc read the avchd file. When i try to drag the file into movie maker this message comes up -" The file C:\Users\Brian\Videos\Dive - Cook Island\00023.MTS is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."

Any suggestions - not sure what to try next??

Also - it works on movie maker live but this is a useless program for editing. Guess I'll try another editing program but i didnt mind using movie maker. There must be a way?????

GC Diver

Also - it works on movie maker live but this is a useless program for editing. Guess I'll try another editing program but i didnt mind using movie maker. There must be a way?????

GC Diver

hi i dont really use movie maker myself but it does seem fairly easy to use. i just dont like the new layout much.
i use power director from cyberlink as it has much more robust features features and can output to many formats. it is also very easy to use
alternatively, you can try wicked innits suggestion muvee. its also very easy to use but does not have as many features imho.
both are not free however but do have trial versions.

cheers

Bit grumpy now that i hear TZ10 is coming out with more manual functions :-(

someone in dp forums 8 months back posted a topic on 'calling hackers' to add aperture default to part of zs3 scn modes (e.g. aside from u/w mode, starry mode, beach mode)...... adding aperture control/A/V mode and shutter priority TV as part of default scenes requested, no follow up was made to this topside query

challenge to any hacker out there? can u save zs3 users from upgrading? in principle, if hackers can unlock mobile phones, jail break iphones, adding tv/av or possibly m controls may work with a workaround firmware,,, hmmmm, anyone out there?...:confused: firmware 1.3 pls (adding A/S/M) :)

Last edited:
I just ordered the ACD-311 battery from B&H Photo and should have it in a few days. I've read from a few different sources that it works with the 1.2 firmware. Once it arrives, I'll post if it works or not.

Today I received the battery I referred to above. So far just charged it fully and shot about 15 pictures and 5 minutes of video, but it has worked properly with version 1.2 firmware.

I've only had the camera a couple of weeks, so I haven't put the original battery thru its paces yet, but the original battery is 895mAh, whereas the aftermarket is 1200mAh. Hopefully the aftermarket battery will live up to its rating.

Back
Top Bottom