Visit Devil's Den and Blue Grotto...where to stay the night?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Suggestions? My brother and I are comming down and looking for a good inexpensive place to crash on a Sat. night. Headed back home on Sunday.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

The Williston Motor in on 27 in very close to both dive sites and is only 45 bucks a night...(tax included) real good family cooking restaurants right next door...Was just thier this past weekend...Did wake up to frost on the windshield...

I would guess you're coming down I-75. Another option would be to stop at the "Welcome to Florida" and pick up a coupon book. You might find a coupon for a good rate along the interstate in Gainesville but it would be hard to beat the $45 in Williston. If you want to go "primitive", you could always bring a tent and stay at Devil's Den.

I live in Williston, Fl. As stated above, the Williston Motor Inn, is cheap, NOT great ! Sometimes there is no vacancy on weekends, so may want to call early. 352-528-3344. It is the only motel close by. You can camp at Devil's Den. If you wanted something different, you could go to Chiefland, 25 miles NW, stay at Manatee Springs Motel [ nicer ] & dive at Manatee Springs State Park, for $15/pp. You can camp there, too. NOTICE- NO airfills at Manatees Springs.

Hubby and I always stay at the Red Roof Inn in Gainsville. Very clean and staff is super friendly. Rates are very good and there are plenty of restaurants right up the street.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom