Where to dive in Bali and who with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be worth you checking out

Siddhartha, Dive Resort and Spa in Bali

I've not been there myself, but the manager/co-owner Barbara ran a dive centre in the Maldives for many years before building/opening Siddharta. I went 4 times & it was truly the best run dive operation that i've come across. So i would imagine her new resort is equally impressive. Siddharta had a good write up in one of the UK dive mags in Oct/Nov.

Wherever you stay/dive - have a great trip

Thanks for the help guys!

As for Accomm, I'm looking at Zen Inn in PadangBai and possibly Tulamben Wreck Divers? Anyone stayed at these places or can recommend somewhere else they've stayed in recently?

I stayed at Tulamben Wreck Divers in October 2008 and was pleased. Accommodations are clean and the plumbing works. Diving with them is inexpensive, and you'll likely be the first one at the Liberty Wreck in the morning (the park is across the street from TWD). TWD also has a higher-end villa a mile or so from the main hotel, but I didn't see that.

Hi There,

We just returned from 12 days in Padang Bai with Absolute Scuba and were favorably impressed. Access to excellent sites was good, including them setting up transfers to Tulamben to dive the liberty wreck. Over all it was a good experience and we'd recommend it, even this time of year.

Scuba JS

Thanks JS, we'd be happy to have you both back anytime! Your seats at the pool bar are awaiting you!!

. I also heard good things about Gecko. .

I have dived with Geko Dive and the service was absolutely amazing. Really professional. I felt looked after from the minute I arrived until the time I left. I also felt that they were not in it just for the cash..... The divemasters had great "eyes" and were really v v helpful.

Is it feasible to stay in Kuta and dive out of Padang Bai? How far is the transport time?

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of diving in Bali at the end of march/beginning of april for the first time and I need suggestions on how to make the most of my trip:

Single diver, want to get the most dives in 1-2 weeks, want to see big stuff like mantas, cuttlefish and small nudis for photos, flying in from Brisbane, should I use dive resorts or liveaboard for most/cheap dives, and I have a meager budget of about £1300/US$2000 for flights, diving and accom.

Can anyone suggest the MUST SEE dive sites/areas, who to dive with and if you know of any companies offering the best deals?

Many thanks for your help!
View attachment Breath Deep Poster mail low res.pdf
Following my other email.
Here is the flyer with a bit more info.
Emma

Is it feasible to stay in Kuta and dive out of Padang Bai? How far is the transport time?

Depending on where you are staying in Kuta (traffic), transfer to Padang Bai is approx 1 1/2 hours.

As Amanda said it takes about 1 or 1.5 hours to get to Padang Bai from Kuta each way - there is really no point in doing that. There are good hotels in the Padang Bai area. There is everything from the Amankila 5 star, and the Alila 4 star, to budget accomodation which you can get pretty cheaply. There are great restaurants around as well....

Enjoy your holiday!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom