Balmorhea in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just called for reservations to the on-site cabins for March 12-15 and there are no vacancies.

I just called for reservations to the on-site cabins for March 12-15 and there are no vacancies.

Yikes! I am guessing weekends are busy with students, correct? Would mid-week be better? Is dive shop still open during week?

How do you contact the motel? I have looked all over the website and only get info about camping. Is there a separate number?

The bunch at the Cactus Motel have a sense of humor (even if unintended). This is from their website:

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif]If our accommodations do not suit your needs, we will be happy to tell you where to go.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's a large OW class trying to get accommodations at the Balmorhea state park and they're also in a bind getting rooms for March 12-15. Does anyone know if there is a special event in town during this time?

[/FONT]

Spring break is the 15th through the 19th of March. That may be why Balmorhea is so full. Kunk35 and I will be there the 14th through the 16th, we have an rv spot reserved. You might consider camping, the motel may be full, but camping spots may still be open.

Rhonda

The Cactus Motel
But Joy cooks a mean breakfast, just tell her the night before. By the way the only place that cooks breakfast in town.
Motel is nothing fancy but nice.

The Cactus Motel
But Joy cooks a mean breakfast, just tell her the night before. By the way the only place that cooks breakfast in town.
Motel is nothing fancy but nice.

Good to know, Mark. I need breakfast before a day of diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom