Diving Adventure Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lars2005

Contributor
Reaction score
Diving Adventure Magazine - another Bret Gilliam and company failure. Over the years I've subscribed to almost all the publications Bret and friends have been associated with in one form or another other. First it was Underwater USA a newspaper...went flop, next it was Fathoms magazine...flop and finally their latest and greatest publication Diving Adventure magazine! Admittedly their publications were National Geographic quality and the writing superb. In each instance I ended up with some other publication I didn't want when they went belly up. Not so this last time. This time the e-mail and letter told of how their publication was going "green" no longer wasting paper, oh no, this was going to be a digital magazine of the highest quality (as was Fathoms and ). So what did I do..I extend my subscription in support of their effort. Oh I could have my money back if didn't want a "green" magazine, but what the heck. Months pass and I get nothing. A call their office in Maine...gone; I send their editor Steve Lewis an e-mail...no answer. So yes they have gone "green" with my greenbacks and how many others. My advice, next time you see a really great dive magazine, check the masthead and see whose behind it. If it's these buy it on the newsstand and forget the subscription...spend the money on dive equipment and travel instead.:shocked2:

Today I learned that Diving Adventure is no more...Underwater Journal, another attempt at "green" journalism is thaking it's place.

Back
Top Bottom