Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul R

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody had a dive truck manufactured by MBF Industries out of Sanford, FL? If so, how was your experience?
Our department is using them to build new SCUBA, SWAT, and Bomb Squad trucks (sounds like we awarded one hell of a grant). The company seems to be very easy to deal with while we design this 33' monster.

Has anybody had a dive truck manufactured by MBF Industries out of Sanford, FL? If so, how was your experience?
Our department is using them to build new SCUBA, SWAT, and Bomb Squad trucks (sounds like we awarded one hell of a grant). The company seems to be very easy to deal with while we design this 33' monster.

:worthless:

There are no pics to show because we are in the planning phase right now. I'd be happy to email you the drawings though. Once it is complete I will attach lots of pictures. Right now I'm curious about the quality of their trucks.

Last edited:
I went to the website and looked at the information. I had never heard of them prior to your post. IMHO, it appears as though they specialize more in command vehicles than they do in operational vehicles. Operational vehicles tend to take a beating and I would insure their construction techniques are suitable for the rigors of daily use.

Secondly, I would look in their recent deliveries tab and take the time to call some of the departments who have received their equipment. Do not ask them for a list of references, but rather do your own.

I know that the City of Pittsburgh had a number of SWAT, Bomb Squad, and other tactical units built by Pierce Mfg in Wisconsin. When I was there for a tour prior to selecting them to build our Engine for my VFD, I saw a LA County Dive Truck there. It was all locked up and could not get a look at it. If I can find the photo I took, I will post it.

Also, ONE OF THE KEYS when purchasing apparatus is the after market service. Who is the rep in your area and do the have the ability to maintain the equipment after it is delivered?

Good luck. I was our truck committee chairman and it can be VERY time consuming to do it right.

Thank you for your insight. I doubt someone thought of those points. I asked around if anybody picked the brains of the fire department truck committee for help but the best reply I received was a blank stare. I am meeting with a couple of the FD guys next week.

When the department decided to purchase the trucks they chose this company because they are on state contract. Then, as an afterthought, somebody upstairs decided to let us know about the new truck. SWAT guys are having the same issues. Construction is supposed to begin in six weeks…

Thanks again.

I tried to attach the preliminary drawings but the pdf file is too large. If anybody would like to take a look at them, fire off your e-mail address to me.

I tried to attach the preliminary drawings but the pdf file is too large. If anybody would like to take a look at them, fire off your e-mail address to me.

I am a new psd with the Douglas County GA Dive Team. I would like to see the plans you put together, also. Please email to pantheraba at aol.com

I am skeptical that we would ever be able to procure such a vehicle...we are hoping at this point that FEMA will provide some dry suits...the only ones available now are the ones owned by individual members. Still, I would like to see the plan and have it on file in the event that someday it may become possible to get a vehicle.

I was able to find the dive truck from our Pierce tour. It was for the Los Angeles Police Department. Again, it was all locked up and we could not see how it was laid out.

Attachments

• LA PD Dive Truck.jpg
    LA PD Dive Truck.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 1,888
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom