Best "All Inclusive" Resort and options for diving in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann, I'm sure he does all the cooking. :wink:

March/April time frame.

I have been to Cozumel before, but I'm looking for a great all-inclusive resort for me and my girlfriend.

She does not dive, but wants to try an "intro" class. Most likely that I would want to do some boat dives, and have her tag along for the ride.

Suggestions?

Check out scuba club cozumel, I have not been here yet, but my wife and i are going here in july, i have heard great things about it, and it caters to scuba divers. Cozumel Scuba Diving at Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort and Scuba Cozumel Dive Shop

Scuba Club is great for divers, but if you are going with a non-diver, they will be much happier with the Palace.

I am also planning on the Palace and probably BlueXT for April (after Easter). In terms of best price, has anyone used Palace Resort Experts to book their trip? It is less expensive than booking directly.

Another vote for the Palace.

Have been to the Iberostar (x2) and Scuba Club. Nothing beats the comforts found at the Palace. We have stayed there 5 times in the past several years and it always delivers. Make sure you can get a room far away from the elevators/stairs. Less noise. Don't forget to have a Mayan coffee with dessert.

Having dove with Dressel Divers, Aqua Safari, Dive Paradise, Scuba Club, BlueXTC and Scuba Mau, our favorite is Scuba Mau. Not as fancy as BlueXTC but we really enjoy their service.

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

I am also planning on the Palace and probably BlueXT for April (after Easter). In terms of best price, has anyone used Palace Resort Experts to book their trip? It is less expensive than booking directly.

Whatever you find, compare with Orbitz before booking. You can use their coupon "200entertain" for a $200 discount off of a one week stay with RT air.

My wife and I stayed at the Occidental Grand last November and at the Wyndham Resort this January. I wrote a full, detailed review of the Occidental Grand and its on-site dive operation (Dive Palancar) here. I haven't finished the full review of the Wyndham with its Sand Dollar dive operation yet, but it should be up in a week or so.

Overall, the Occidental Grand resort is significantly larger, lusher (awesome tropical setting), more elegant and much more quiet. Rooms are larger, restaurants more elegant, friendlier. This is a great, wonderful place to relax and hang.

The Wyndham feels a bit cramped, with smaller rooms, a slightly run-down look here and there, crowded restaurants, less landscaping, and much more noise. The food, however, was at least as good as at the Occidental.

Of the dive operations, we preferred Sand Dollar to Dive Palancar, though both are quite disorganized and you never know what boat or dive site you're going to get. Sand Dollar actually has a listed schedule on where they go each day, but don't count on it.

As far as price goes, it always depends on what you have to pay for the flights. We booked each trip through Travelocity. The Wyndham is a tremendous deal. The Occidental Grand was perhaps 30% more expensive, but also a deal. Unfortunately, diving was extra, and since we put in a bunch of dives, that really added up.

The best pricing for the Palace we normally find by looking on EBay. Palace has memberships and folks are on the bay looking to sell their timeslot.

Buy from someone with a good reputation of course but you might be surprised at the benefits. In addition to typically being cheaper when you visit you are a member. Discounts on stuff you buy and any extra services. We've never wanted to mess with it but I believe they will get you to their facilities on the mainland for free as well if you want to visit there.

You beat me to it, Mark. I was about to say, the Palace Membership route is definitely the way to go. They're always available on eBay, and it always comes out costing way less than any charter vacation company prices, plus all the additional perks like massage, pedicure, trips, etc. A non-diving SO would probably really appreciate those. Even my diving GF plans on partaking in some of those when we're there in April.

I should mention that our flights are covered through Visa Points... so I have those taken care of on commercial flights (no charter cattle-cars on this trip) REsort will be booked independently based on its Merits, looks like Occidental, Whyndham and Palace are top 3 to consider.

Thanks all for the quick and detailed comments!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom