Bp/w ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I just need to decide which one I want.

halcyon_logo2001sm.gif

As Oscar Wilde once said, "I have very simple tastes; I am always satisfied with the best."

:cool2:

SS-image-2009-03-09-49b4d31141af3.jpg

Halcyon Eclipse at www.DiveSeekers.com w/BONUS: Free MC Storage Pak and Free ACB10 Weight Pockets

Give Wayne or Jason a call at DiveSeekers.com and ask them what they might be able to do to hook you up with a rig that's right for you - now and in the future. Halcyon had been running a deal where you bought an Evolve doubles system and you got an Eclipse single-tank wing free. Perhaps that offer can be dredged up again or will be repeated sometime soon? Tell them I sent you and they'll treat you right!

Another place to check is on SB's "Gear / Equipment Classifieds" forum. Full rigs in great condition show up fairly often.

Classifieds: Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems

OK you guys convinced me(it was real hard). I will go the singles route and then get a seperate doubles rig when ready. Thanks for the info. Now I just need to decide which one I want.

Take a look at HOG. The quality is great and the price is affordable. My husband has both the singles and doubles set-up and I have the singles wing. My doubles is a Halcyon wing and I can't see any difference in quality.

Divers Supply and Dive Right In Scuba are dealers and have great package deals. I've purchased from both and the service was great!

TECHNICAL SCUBA BCD PACKAGE @ Divers-Supply.com

HOG Gear BP/W Full Set - Doubles - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

OK you guys convinced me(it was real hard). I will go the singles route and then get a seperate doubles rig when ready. Thanks for the info. Now I just need to decide which one I want.

Give Bev a call at INDIAN VALLEY SCUBA< great shop really competitive prices, all major Brands:cool2:

Not to go against what everyone has said here, but I've done plenty of singles dives with my Evolve 40 with no problems. Since it's a narrower wing, it doesn't really flop too much. Dumping all your air to start the dive can be a little tricky, and I really have to get my butt in the air to dump when underwater, but otherwise no problems.

That said, the Eclipse was WAY better for single tanks!

No BP/W thread is complete without mentioning Deep Sea Supply:
https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?page=rigs

Fantastic rigs. I prefer the profile of the smaller DSS wings compared to their larger sizes so I'd go as small as possible.

I'm also a fan of Oxycheq Mach V wings for singles. When you roll them up they don't pack as tight as DSS wings though (although the difference is miniscule) and may have a little less lift at the same rating. Probably neither is an issue for most people, but there you go.

Take a look at HOG. The quality is great and the price is affordable. My husband has both the singles and doubles set-up and I have the singles wing. My doubles is a Halcyon wing and I can't see any difference in quality.

Divers Supply and Dive Right In Scuba are dealers and have great package deals. I've purchased from both and the service was great!

TECHNICAL SCUBA BCD PACKAGE @ Divers-Supply.com

HOG Gear BP/W Full Set - Doubles - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Agreed!

I have a Halcyon Infinity singles rig, and a HOG #38 doubles and there is very little difference in quality between the 2...

Greetings Bob and I would have to agree with Jim on this. I have done both with one rig and it is a pain. Not impossible but a pain. I managed with Dive Rite wreck wing for singles and doubles up to lp 95's till I purchased my classic wing. I now carry it for a emergency back up. I would recommend going with a singles only wing 30-38lbs of lift then get a wing with enough lift for your chosen tanks.
If I were you and going to doubles soon I would purchase the HOG 30lb wing and use the saved $$$ to get into the doubles quicker. I have found that once I started diving doubles, I rarely dive singles now so you may realistically not dive singles much after you go to doubles. Thus I would not go with a expensive singles wing, just my opinion.
I have been using Dive Rite gear and Hollis BP and wings and just recently became familiar with HOG equipment. It seems like a affordable option to me I would if I were you I would research the in water testimonies here on Scuba Board to help make up your mind. Good luck and enjoy the gear buying, doubles are bliss!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I would look at the zeagle ranger lt. Its an economical set up the converts from singles to doubles very easily. It can be modified to use a backplate with just a small amount of effort. Plus the simple fact that its economical and modular are big pluses. Hope this helps

To do it the right way you are going to need a single tank and double tank wing. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom