Looking for a new BC, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome back Seajay....some of us from the old days are still around.

Hey, thanks Herman! :) Good to see you too, my friend. :)

Glad to be back. Thanks, NetDoc! :)

I have an Aeris Reef Rider. It is a back inflate. I have had it four years now and have had no problems. At one time http://www.scubatoys.com/ had them on clearance... don't know if they still do or not.

This is a decorated version of the Ranger BC. Ranger BC is the Florida favorite. We probably see more of those around the state than anything else. I looked at all the BC's a few years ago, and it was superior to the rest. But... I could not afford it.

Sea Quest? Dive Rite? Scubapro? Oceanic? Plate and wing? Nope. People vote with their wallet and Zeagle is #1 around here. People remain loyal to that brand, too. Looks like a winner.

IMO Halcyon Eclipse still looks better and alot let restrictive.

Eclipse30_BC_color.jpg

Hollis S wing is nearly identical except it comes in 25 and 35 lbs of lift. Same materials similar shape just Hollis a bit smaller. Plates are very nice...and webbing/hardware are interchangeable. Ohh and Hollis is much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom