Poseidon Discovery Mk VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can none of you that are selling these units comment on Price or the unit or training? What does it come with? Is it ready to dive out of the box or do you have to buy tanks or regs? Can you attach your own computer to it like a Shearwater or Liquivision to monitor PO2?

What I am interested in knowing about the training is how many days classroom? How many days in water time? How much it costs?

Thanks
Phil

Hi, just seen this thread - happy to give info.

The Poseidon MK6 retails at $6,844 and includes a really cool pelican case. It is shipped with everything you need including 02 sensors, battery and charger. You need to purchase tanks, it comes with Poseidon 1st stages of course!

At this time, you cannot hard wire a Shearwater, but you can of course run one as a stand alone unit. With air diluent and no-deco dives, its not really neccessary.

The only additional purchase is a BC/harness if you do not already own one that is suitable.

The training we provide is through IANTD and costs $750. It lasts 3 - 4 days with a minimum of 4 dives totalling more than 300 minutes, a confined water session and as much class as we need. It covers every aspect of the unit specifics, diving a recreational rebreather up to a PP02 of 1.2 to 70' and general CCR knowledge.

We also offer rebreather try dives so you can compare the unit to the Megalodon, rEvo and Titan in the pool should you wish.

Call me on (305) 395-1194 if you want to talk about rebreathers!

Cheers

Thanks Chris. I guess none of the others on here that said they would sell one are actually geared up and ready to go on the unit.

Personally I do not think that the unit would be for me, but for some of my friends or wife that my want to go to CCR when ever I make the switch.

I appreciate you taking the time....

Phil

Indian Valley Scuba offers the Poseidon MkVI Discovery Rebreather Package, including the rebreather, two 19 CF aluminum cylinders with valves, two scrubber canisters, complete training and certification, for only $6,999.

You can add a BC, or upgrade to steel or larger cylinders, or add a carry-case, for only a few dollars more.

Here’s a breakdown of our Beneath the Sea show special going on now!

Poseidon MkVI Discovery Rebreather Package
Includes:
Rebreather
Scrubber 2-pack
(2) 19 CF Aluminum tanks w/valves
MkVI Discovery Rebreather Certification
Show Special: $6,999

Options:

Upgrade to 19 CF Steel tanks w/valves $60
Upgrade to 23 CF Steel tanks w/valves $110

Add:
Poseidon Besea W50 BCD $630
Poseidon Besea W100 BCD $655

Add:
Pelican Fitted Carry Case $350

Hey there Lemon if you are still looking you are welcome to fly out to Harleysville, PA, stay in our complimentary lodging on site, and complete your certification training here while you pick up your spanking new machine! The special we quoted above still stands!

Back
Top Bottom