Santa brought me a new Olympus C-4040 for Christmas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by DiverX
Ahh, Dee you'll enjoy it! Heck you can sell your other camera on e-nay and get a new YS0-dx (or Ike DS125) and an Oly housing for darn near the money you will get.

Have a great time with it!

I'll have a birthday in about a week so the housing will follow shortly! But I'm gonna need some revenue to cover the YS90DX and a few other goodies so eBay may be my best bet.

You got any secrets you've learned using yours that you wanna share? mmm? :D

I am jealous... thats the camera -I- want!!!

Actually I really don't have any secrets! I have only used mine once and had no external strobe! I was happy with what I got during those 3 days though! Now that I have my housing back from getting fixed from the flood in Coz this past November I will be using that again on the next trip but Louise will have the Oly digital in the water with us.

ps...When is your birthday? Mine is the 29th of December. We probably have talked about this before but I am getting old and senile!:doctor:

I'll probably use just the internal flash a bit before I get the strobe. I've been really impressed with the photos you guys have taken using the internal flash. In fact, SharpDivers photos are what started me wanting one!

My birthday is Jan 3......you're 5 days older than me! :D

I saw that. I can't get the sellers websight to come up. Since it's a business I want to check out a few things. Still think Randy at JD is my best bet though.

Do you have your digital photos on your website?

I bought the housing for my SO's camera through Marine Camera (http://www.marinecamera.com). It's a little more expensive than some other sites have advertised, but it had the advantage of actually being available (I couldn't find it anywhere else that it wasn't backordered.) He made lake dives with it last Saturday and Sunday and is happy with it so far. It's going to see salt water for the first time this weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Julie

Where ya going? I'll look forward to seeing the pictures!

Pompano and West Palm. I am VERY pleased with the results. With a 128 meg card, I got over 130 pictures during 6 dives. Some "Blued Out", and didn't show the colors as well as I would have liked, but that was my fault, not the fault of the media. (Learning to use the camera) Send me your address, and I will send you the pics. Jules loved the results, and she didn't even get VERY cold, like she usually does. The camera is an Olympus C-3000, and it looks good. Here is one of the pics. I had to reduce the resolution to post it, but will send ful resolution to any who ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom