Canon WP-V1 Housing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And now today it's back up to $399 at Abe's.

My buddy bought his there for that a week after Christmas, a week later it was $409.

Google shopping usually picks it up when they change prices.

Just checked it and now B&H is up to $395. Adorama is still holding at $389 (probably until they see the B&H Price...lol)

Can anyone post how they transfer the videos from the camera to the cpu. I would like to use just the memory card with a reader to upload. The software that is bundled with this sucks.

I installed Pixela to view the files when I first got the camera. I think the program is pretty worthless for anything else and I uninstalled it. The common multi card readers can't handle high speed/high capacity cards. I use a USB adaptor that came with one of the cards I bought and it works fine.

I installed Pixela to view the files when I first got the camera. I think the program is pretty worthless for anything else and I uninstalled it. The common multi card readers can't handle high speed/high capacity cards. I use a USB adaptor that came with one of the cards I bought and it works fine.

I do too. I have NEVER used the cable. I read forums and reviews BEFORE I bought the camera and was well aware of the pitfalls of PIXELA software AND the fact that the throughput of the USB 2.0 cable is far less than that of a SDHC card reader, PLUS you run the risk of damaging the tiny connector on the camera end.

If you must have all the files left intact, you can save an image of your SDHC card on a virtual drive on your PC for later use.

Can anyone post how they transfer the videos from the camera to the cpu. I would like to use just the memory card with a reader to upload. The software that is bundled with this sucks.

I have fitted a 3.5inch multi card reader to my PC, it plugs into the usb connection on the motherboard. It works perfect with a 32g class 6 card.
I also have a fairly new toshiba laptop that has a multi card reader and find that it works with no problem.
I just navigate to the stream folder and copy the files into my video folder.:wink:

Getting geared up for a trip to the Caymans in a couple weeks, I just picked up the WP-V1 housing and an Ikelite W-20 wide angle lens to go with my (nearly new) HF200. The lens (w/ a 67mm ring) seems to thread onto the exterior of the housing OK. A few noob questions...

1. I'd like to be able to use the Ikelite on the camcorder outside of the housing (for shooting topside stuff), but the threads don't match. Looks like there are some threads on the inside of the cam barrel, but they don't go very deep, and the Ikelite is surprisingly heavy (well, it surprised me). I assume there should be a simple way to make this work - right? Can I get a simple adapter ring to screw these two together? Will that safely hold on the heavy lens? Anything special I should look for in an adapter ring?

2. The lens was supposed to come with some silicone lube, but I don't see any in the box. How much should I worry about that? I assume the stuff is widely available at any camera shop - anything special I should look for in the lube?

3. Will the lens "self prime" - that is, once in the water, the space between the lends and the housing should fill with water - right?

Thanks for any pointers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom