Ike Ds160 or Inon z240 for Canon G10 in Ike housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedadepths

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok so i have a Canon G10 in an Ikelite housing that ive had for about a year. I originally just used the Sealife that i had used with my old camera, but i am looking to upgrade. I got the Ikelite housing so that i could keep the option open to use TTL and the hot shoe from the camera. If i understand this right, then the strobe will always fire perfectly because it is hard wired to the camera, but TTL wont work in manual mode on my canon ( i will have to designate the intensity on the strobe manually). The only difference i see between the two strobes is that the Inon is smaller and uses AAs while the Ike is larger, uses a rechargeable battery, and will offer me TTL functions.

Im just looking for some guidance from everybody. Thanks!

Max

You've pretty much got it. I would go with the Ike DS-160 or consider the DS-161 if you'd like to shoot video. I think they are more powerful than the Inon in my experience.

Operation with a hardwired strobe with a P&S is probably going to be faster, as you'll have to wait for the G10's flash to recycle.

Jack

From what I was told the DS161's video light is only rated at 500 lumens. Good idea but waste of money IMO, 500 is not enough.

great! thanks guys. What would you say on ds125 vs ds160? It appears i can get a good deal on a slightly used ds125.

Sure the DS-125 was a good strobe, plenty of power for that camera.

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom