Olympus trays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you purchased the Olympus PTBK-E02 bracket already? Even the Olympus representative that I spoke with did not recommend it because there are better alternatives available from other accessory manufacturers. It is too heavy and the dedicated upper bracket that Olympus made for it is not available in the U.S. When you can find the upper bracket PTBKC-E02 (in Europe or Japan), it is exorbitantly priced. The system weighs almost twice as much as my system. I opted for the Ultralight Control Systems Subal double tray (TR-SBLD) and handles with ball (AC-H) for the E-520 that I use. Those handles are ambedextrous. With the accompanying ULCS arms and clamps, it is a great system. Even better, the total price of the tray and handles is no more than the Olympus list price for the tray alone. As far as the convenience of the upper bracket for carrying and lifting the system is concerned, I attached an Olympus PTSA-03 long arm to the housings flash shoe that I use to hold a focus light. It makes a convenient and sturdy means of carrying and lifting the system for short distances out of the water. I use my attaching lanyards to carry the system for longer distances and times. You will spend less money and get a better system with the ULCS tray and handles. I am an Olympus fan and not in the photo sales business, just in case you think I am trying to sell you something. There are other accessory companies that do better than Olympus. Check them out.

Or I have my DSLR Tray and Handles Set for half the price, designed specifically for the Oly and S&S RDX systems. Beefy, adjustable tray, you can offset the housing and move the handles in and out to your desires.

DSLR-Front(1).jpg

Jack

Or I have my DSLR Tray and Handles Set for half the price, designed specifically for the Oly and S&S RDX systems. Beefy, adjustable tray, you can offset the housing and move the handles in and out to your desires.

DSLR-Front(1).jpg

Jack

I have Jack's tray for my E-520 and it works great and is priced right. It is nice to be able to adjust for width depending on your hand size and if you are using bulky gloves or not.

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom