Alert diver article on Deep Stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to say it but that says to me "know your dive profile and proper ascent plan and don't trust a computer."

Sounds great.

Last October my buddy and I planned a dive carefully and followed that plan just as carefully. No computers at all.

I felt great while my buddy was doing his four chamber rides.

That essay by Burge is one of the most frightening things I have ever read.

wouaw, and I thought the "divers down" stories were scary! This one is x1000000 worse, I agree.

Sounds great.

Last October my buddy and I planned a dive carefully and followed that plan just as carefully. No computers at all.

I felt great while my buddy was doing his four chamber rides.

Hehe for every diver bent diving a computer on the edge there is one bent from diving without a computer. :)

Was it an aggressive dive plan or did he have some other issue? PFO, smoker, ect?

Hehe for every diver bent diving a computer on the edge there is one bent from diving without a computer. :)

Was it an aggressive dive plan or did he have some other issue? PFO, smoker, ect?

Some have argued that it was an aggressive dive plan, but it was well within accepted limits. We even padded the deco a few minutes. There is no known reason for the difference. We had dived the same profiles for three days. He was bent and I felt fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom