how can I discard a tank from 86 in Ft. Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cut the bottom from the tank and hang it by the neck...it makes a great bell. I would not just throw it away. Make a time capsule or something cool.

I'll take it

I'll take it, I have 2 of the 6351 tanks and they are perfectly good. I have them eddy current inspected (vis+) every other year and my LDS is more than happy to vip and fill them. PM me and I will give you my FedEx number to ship them to the Great White North.

Actually, it's not. It melts. Steel cuts quite nicely, but aluminum is a pain in the neck to cut.

Huh? Where do you get that? Aluminum cuts very nicely, thank you.

Indian Valley Scuba:
Huh? Where do you get that? Aluminum cuts very nicely, thank you.

From actually cutting them. What are you using to cut your aluminum tanks?

Band saws, milling machines, drill presses...all cut chips, none melt the aluminum.

I don't have access to a band saw that's large enough to cut a tank in half. How do you cut a tank in half with a drill press?

Attachments

• Nancy & Walter Welcome.jpg
    Nancy & Walter Welcome.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 60
I trust you realize the absurdity of that question. My point was the removal of aluminum material from a tank, whether sawing it, say in half with a band saw, or machining on the mill it for a nice cut-away for teaching, or drilling a hole in it with a drill press.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom