dive weight mesh material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could not find mesh so I bought ripstock got 4 colors 1/3 yard each for 7 bucks. I am going to give this a try. Got it a Handcock Fabric

my first pouches were made with pet proof window screen from Home Depot. I have since had to replace all of my pouches with double layer nylon. The screen material broke down over the years causing shot to leak all over my truck. Since I switched to nylon I don't have a problem and they seem to drain just as well.

Heavy duty flag material is perfect....that is, if you don't mind cutting up a flag...

I made a bunch from the same material football jerseys are made from. Lots of holes for drainage, a little stretch to it, and ultra tough. Fabric store was dirt cheap, like $2 for enough to do 50 five pound weight pouches.

I haven't made any weight pouches but have done some canvaswork and sail repair. I would think the trampoline mesh from Hobie cat type boats would be an ideal choice for weight pouches. This site also sells cordura nylon fabric which many soft belts and pouches are made from. Search for Sailrite on google then trampoline mesh and cordura on their site. I hope you have a heavy machine for sewing. Good luck ; )

Attachments

• Picture 345.jpg
    Picture 345.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 353
I used lead shot and a pair of old blue jeans cut into what ever size or shape.

I used a pair of my wife's old nylons. Poured in 10lbs of #6 lead shot knotted it, wrapped back over it, knotted again, wrapped back again (3 layers). Flexible, sturdy, and drains great. Using in fresh and salt and no problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom