2 more ?'s...electricity and paying dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As the wife and I start to pack....it just dawned on me if I need to pack my converter stuff? What is the electricity in Coz? We will be staying at the Park Royal.

Also, I haven't decided on which dive op....I figured we might relax and drink the first day or 2 and then try out the op at Park Royal and then move on to one of the more personalized ops if we don't like how things are run at PR. Can we put the dives on the Visa at the hotel op and also the smaller ops if we end up there?

Thanks for all of the help over the past few months in getting me dialed in for our first trip to Coz:D

Power is typical USA 110v...no need for converters.

Dive ops...when you get ready for the more personalized ops...try Aldora or Living Underwater....there are many others, those are my favorite two. Aldora certainly accepts plastic...not so sure about Living Underwater.

Enjoy your trip!!!

The electricity is 110 same as home so no problem.

I would pack a power strip, a small extension cord and two to three prong converter. Most of the newer hotels all have three prong outlets but the two prongs are all over the place. Also most hotels don't have multiple outlets on each wall it can at times be challenging to get everything plugged in and charging.

As far as charging diving you can use Visa/MC but lots of businesses don't take American Express or Discover. And I can also highly recommend Living Underwater. Have been diving with them for years. Jeremy has a portable credit card reader so you stand on the dock and settle up your account.

Also two thumbs up for Dave at Aldora. High quality professinal run operation.

Scubamau takes credit cards, and I think dive with martin also accepts credit cards.

You can check out scubamau at www.scubamaucozumel.com and dive with martin at www.divewithmartin.com

I just checked dwm and the take paypal with a surcharge. As bill said there are probably many others that accept cc.

Pretty sure ScubaMau will take PayPal or plastic or CASH.:D

Scuba Shack is almost right across the street from Park Royal...they will provide free shore tanks with boat diving packages...

The electricity is 110 same as home so no problem.

I would pack a power strip, a small extension cord and two to three prong converter. Most of the newer hotels all have three prong outlets but the two prongs are all over the place. Also most hotels don't have multiple outlets on each wall it can at times be challenging to get everything plugged in and charging.

One caution on using a power strip is that the circuit breaker (if there is one :rofl3:) may not be able to accept a multiple item load, especially if the hotel is older, two or three prong plug notwithstanding. You might consider staggering your battery recharging/hair drying/coffee making if you find your room has only one or two outlets (which are probably all wired to the same circuit).

Back
Top Bottom