Dive operators in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis:
Yes there is - most shops get a commission on trips booked through them.

I think it's time for a little reading comprehension class. If you _read_ her initial post, it was a reference to call the shop for the number for the boat. -not- to book through the shop, -not- to use the shop; just an aside recommendation.

Now aside of mentioning your own boat, you have yet to actually answer the question that the original poster asked.

I don't know who "owns" most of the boats around here. Even if they're supposedly the same operation as the shop, they're almost ALL legally distinct (for some very good reasons). As such the idea that a shop "owns" a boat is almost never actually the case, although some benefit flowing back to the shop from the boat (directly or indirectly) is usually true.

Genesis:
As such the idea that a shop "owns" a boat is almost never actually the case, although some benefit flowing back to the shop from the boat (directly or indirectly) is usually true.

So by recommending MBT Divers and subsequently bashing on Dive Pros, you really didn't answer the question of dive boat operators in pensacola? In fact, you just were recommending a shop that would then take a commission from whatever boat they put the diver on... exactly what you accused Chickdiver of doing by suggesting they call Dive Pros to get the number for Captain Mucci since she didn't happen to have it on hand...

Ok... _now_ I'm understanding....

Dave mucci - Y-Knot- 850-944-4257 (I got my Palm Pilot when I went home at lunch).

I answered the gent's question - I told him where I had received good service, and not-so-good service in the area in question.

The business arrangements that various shops have with various captain's and boats is really not my issue or concern. If you want to dive off a commercial boat, you have to book it SOMEWHERE. Sometimes a shop is advantageous for that, sometimes not. Most of the time it is - if the shop treats you well.

OK, so I have 2 recommendations so far. Does anyone have any other operators they have dealt with?

I am just trying to get some research info from the fine people on this board and did not want to start any scuffles so if anyone else has suggestions please give me the name, number, what type of boat(s) and what you think of them. The wife and I are looking to dive a lot more this year and P'cola works out well for us travel wise. She can drive down with the kiddo and puppy on Wednesday or Thursday (wife designs websites and is her own boss and kiddo is homeschooled), I fly in after work on Friday and we drive back together on Sunday.

Given where you're coming from (Atlanta?) is Pensacola your best option travel-wise? There are other very credible options over towards both Destin and Panama City, but they change travel plans a bit if you're flying.

If we all drive down together PCB is our best option and we already have a couple of operators there that we dive with. Pensacola was brought up as an option because an airline that we use pretty often flies in there several times a day. Given that my wife is not on a set schedule it makes a good option.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom